Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess who's doing a "ride along" in a P85D next week at the Palo Alto store?? ME ME ME!!!! It's an engineering car so not allowed to drive it but am totally excited anyway! :biggrin: Actually more excited than going to the 49er/Seahawk game..lol

Are you serious? That is so uncool.
That is seriously lame. What is wrong with people?
I looked around for Akikiki (playing an un-funny joke) but no one was around.

got unplugged again last night. the cuprit? me. I just returned from the SC after replacing my 12V battery and they loaded a new S/W update.
I plugged in at the Blasdell and then started the update. I checked the charger and it was still connected and the car had paused the charging.
it all looked good, I had done this before and as soon as the update was complete the car un-paused the charger and started charging again.
this time (I am guessing) the update took too long and the paused charger disconnected. Looking on Visible Tesla it showed that the charge port was open and the cable was disconnected. I was fired up and charged back to my car ready to chew some leaf owner out. When I arrived the car was still plugged in but not charging. after I pressed the "unlock" button, I heard the charger click and my car started charging again. the car was still not to 90% when the parking lot closed and I had to remove my car.

Last edited:
I recently visited your service center. No worries! Hawaiian owners are in great hands. The facility looks great. A supercharger near the entrance to Mauna Kea on the Big Island :cool: and the fiftieth state will have a red dot to boot!!

IMG_0446.jpg

Unplugged again? yes and no. I plugged in at 4:40PM today and it said 3 hours to 90%. 6:20PM I checked and saw that my car was unplugged. I walked back to the charger and there were no other cars around. as I approached the car I could see that it was still plugged in and as the fob got within range I could see my charging port glowing green. that was about 6:25PM. I looked at my dash and it said 2 hours 35 minutes to 90%.
something is not adding up. 4:50 to 6:25 is 1 hour 35 minutes in time. 3 hours to 2 hours 35 minutes is only about 25 minutes of charging. When I looked at the timer on the chargePoint charger it said I had been plugged in for 17 minutes. If my tesla app said I was unplugged at 6:20 and was actually plugged in for 17 minutes at 6:25 that doesn't make sense. When I checked the chargepoint web site it says I have been plugged in continuously since 4:49 with a drop to 0 between 6:29 and 37 seconds and 6:29 and 54 seconds. then constant charging since 6:30 and 20 seconds.
I am confused.:confused: it just doesn't add up.
When I arrived there was a leaf plugged in and the charger indicated that his charging was complete after charging for 3 hours 10 minutes. So I don't see any reason for him to have unplugged me and charged for another hour and a half. if he did would he have re-plugged me? If someone had re-plugged me it would show under their account and not still be on mine.
possible charger error reported to chargpoint.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.