Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to the forum and i was curious if any of you would rent a model s for one day. My wife and i recently went to test drive a model s and we instantly fell DEEPER in love. We're awaiting approval of our new solar system before we buy one but i wanted to surprise my wife and let her drive one for a day as a christmas present. If anyone of you would be generous enough to rent it for a day please let me know. I completely understand that it's kind of far fetched but i figured id give it a shot. My original idea was a toy model of the car but i couldn't find any when i searched online. If any of you know where i can get one please let me know as well. Aloha

they have a MS artistic sculpture at EVAnnex as well as the book "Owning Model S". Probably easier than getting someone to "Loan" you their pride and joy.
or maybe just a t-shirt or jacket from the SC.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new to the forum and i was curious if any of you would rent a model s for one day. My wife and i recently went to test drive a model s and we instantly fell DEEPER in love. We're awaiting approval of our new solar system before we buy one but i wanted to surprise my wife and let her drive one for a day as a christmas present. If anyone of you would be generous enough to rent it for a day please let me know. I completely understand that it's kind of far fetched but i figured id give it a shot. My original idea was a toy model of the car but i couldn't find any when i searched online. If any of you know where i can get one please let me know as well. Aloha

Jamestemplo, It's a longshot to get someone to rent or lend a Tesla for a day for several reasons. Besides the usual liability issues, there's the issue of possible damage to the car on your first day of driving. The Tesla S is more than a foot wider than my previous car, it's a fairly long car too, and consequently a new driver can inadvertantly mess up a wheel by contacting a curb. Let's face it, you'll be inclined to try out the acceleration, too, with a Tesla-for-a-day. Should you join us as a Tesla owner in the future, I highly suggest an accessory made in England that protects the wheels against curb rash. The greatest chance of curb rash comes in your first week or two of ownership, and thus you'd be wise to install this accessory before your first time at the wheel of your new Tesla S.

Jamestemplo, It's a longshot to get someone to rent or lend a Tesla for a day for several reasons. Besides the usual liability issues, there's the issue of possible damage to the car on your first day of driving. The Tesla S is more than a foot wider than my previous car, it's a fairly long car too, and consequently a new driver can inadvertantly mess up a wheel by contacting a curb. Let's face it, you'll be inclined to try out the acceleration, too, with a Tesla-for-a-day. Should you join us as a Tesla owner in the future, I highly suggest an accessory made in England that protects the wheels against curb rash. The greatest chance of curb rash comes in your first week or two of ownership, and thus you'd be wise to install this accessory before your first time at the wheel of your new Tesla S.

If there were only a Tesla Owner that had a car service that would at least drive someone....mmmmm

On point about the curb rash. I've never curb rashed any of my previous vehicles in my 28 years of driving, and within a month of owning the S, I've curbed it about 4 times. I've finally learned the dimensions of the car though! :biggrin:
It is super easy to curb this car, no joke.

On point about the curb rash. I've never curb rashed any of my previous vehicles in my 28 years of driving, and within a month of owning the S, I've curbed it about 4 times. I've finally learned the dimensions of the car though! :biggrin:

I made the mistake of rubbing "curb attractant" instead of "curb repellant" on my wheels. now the curbs jump out at me.:biggrin:

The alloy gators have saved my rims from curb rash several times. A few months ago, I partially graduated from my curb rash training wheels when I took off the front gators..am still a little weary of curbing the rear wheels!

The alloy gators have saved my rims from curb rash several times. A few months ago, I partially graduated from my curb rash training wheels when I took off the front gators..am still a little weary of curbing the rear wheels!

Do you know what your wheels look like on the inside after removing the gators? There were all those horror stories about the gators scraping away the inside wheels ...

Do you know what your wheels look like on the inside after removing the gators? There were all those horror stories about the gators scraping away the inside wheels ...

Not sure if there was any damage. The SC took them off when I had my tires rotated. They didn't mention anything and I would hope that they would say something if they noticed anything.

I had mine removed after a year use. No apparent damage from the gators. But I am not planning on replacing them, the service center wouldn't do an alignment because of the gators.

Not sure if there was any damage. The SC took them off when I had my tires rotated. They didn't mention anything and I would hope that they would say something if they noticed anything.

Then it's probably ok. Maybe some people just had bad luck.

Getting this installed today. Anyone else have it installed ?

Did you see the 0.1% loss in range?

On 200 miles, that's a loss of .2 miles every charge lol.

I had it done on my right after it was available. So, its been on mine for months. I didn't give a thought to loss of range. I didn't keep that close of details to determine any loss.

When this was first announced, as I recall all the gang of folks here had it done or were having it done. I know of no one that didn't have it installed or anyone that regretted it.

How did you come up with the .1% loss of range?

Thank goodness someone figured out where that .2 miles range disappeared to! I've been trying to figure this out in the worst way. For a while I thought it was caused by the "Officer, please give a ticket instead to Akikiki or HawaiiSkiBum, they drive RED Teslas" banner I extend into the airstream anytime I'm driving substantially over the speed limit.

Last edited:
Thank goodness someone figured out where that .2 miles range disappeared to! I've been trying to figure this out in the worst way. For a while I thought it was caused by the "Officer, please give a ticket instead to Akikiki or HawaiiSkiBum, they drive RED Teslas" banner I extend into the airstream anytime I'm driving substantially over the speed limit.

lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.