Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tesla1.jpg

P85 - Fill'er Up at the Gas Station we will never need again!

- - - Updated - - -

This is absolutely correct! Just did it today... Thanks!!!

- - - Updated - - -

No service center yet, but they do do deliveries in Sat and Sun

Akikiki:
Do you know whether the service center is open on Saturday, or just weekdays?

Hi! All the options black napa leather interior with upgraded stereo and 21s. My daughter loves to ride in the back and wave at people LOL :) I just got the plates today so I will be putting them on soon. Hand signal is like crossing fingers saying no more to gas :) Hawaii currently has 50 TESLA MSs I was told with about 50+ more on order. There are MSs on all the large islands. Kauai just got their first one. Aloha!
tesla2.jpg

Attachments

• tesla2.jpg
    tesla2.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 256
Congratulations Diamond! Nice set-up! ;-)
i wish I ordered the jumper seats now even though I don't have kids. I always thought I could add them on at a later date but they took that away. I see you have the P85 badge on there. I'm still torn on whether to have that installed or leave it a sleeper....

about the metered parking, technically you're supposed to only get the max allotted time on the meter free, but they would have to know when you got there so you may get away with a little longer. I'm currently parked at the airport while on vacation on Kauai and apparently I only get the first 24 hours free. After that its $15/day. Better than nothing. It's only been 2 days and I really miss driving the MS. I'm checking the app everyday to see how many rated miles gets lost to vampire load while I'm gone and so far it's losing 10 rated miles of charge a day. Can't wait to get back.

diamond, StephenM's correct about the parking. But you also can drive in the HOV with only 1 person in the car. It helps them see you are EV if you have the Electric Vehicle plate, versus a Vanity plate. Still applies if you don't have the EV plate, but you might get a ticket from a less informed officer, and have to argue the ticket.

Solar powered, Reference Payment, My situation was unique as far as Hawaii goes. Remember, I took delivery of mine after it had already been delivered to Hawaii for someone else. So, it was here when I performed a fund transfer between banks. I immediately then received the Telsa configuration page with a payment page. Prior to learning of this car, I had already started talking to Robert at Tesla about payment. He explained that since Tesla does not (yet) have a dealer's license, payment would be required before shipment. I didn't mind, payment would occur before it left on the boat. Considering someone backed out on a couple of cars that were here, I could not blame Tesla for doing that.

I just confirmed what Akikiki said. I have an approx EOL date of May 27. The Tesla rep I spoke with today says that payment is due by the time the car is finished at the factory to prevent any delays in delivery. He said VIN should be available 3-4 weeks before the End of Line date.

Congrats Diamond and Akikiki on your new MSs! I'm noticing a lot more around town recently.
Thanks everyone for sharing the registration experiences and checklist. Can't wait to get mine. Now I need to work on prepping my car for sale before I can take delivery.

Yes all the information is correct

- - - Updated - - -

I just got the plates for my car yesterday. What a process! Luckily, I had no lines in the middle of the afternoon during the middle of the month. The Calif registration is good for 90 days so you have plenty of time to get it done.

Folks, Diamond may have discovered the Gold Egg here. Middle of the afternoon and middle of the month. I remember the people at both the DoTax office and DMV saying that middle of month and mid afternoon (not lunchtime) is the slowest times to come get tags. Since temp registration is good for 90 days, maybe you can save yourself some time and stress by the selection of time of day and mid month to do this. I didn't realize it at the time, but that's how mine worked out too. Good observation Diamond !

- - - Updated - - -

Hawaiiskibum, Thanks. Like Diamond just said, "What a joy it is to drive this car".

I spent the day at the SC yesterday. Barry was installing the second charger and replacing the 12 volt battery in mine. Barry's the Hawaiian Energizer Bunny of EVs. He just keeps going and going. He worked 10 hours non-stop on my little problems yesterday and called me on my way home to insure the car was doing what it should. There's just two words to describe that man, "He's GREAT!"

He also performed the .44 firmware upgrade. It's got Scheduled Charging in it. So, so cool. My car charged higher on Standard last night with Scheduled Charging than it has in the past with regular charging. This software just keeps getting better and better.

I left some EV Charging postcards and some fob doggles at the SC for anyone that wants one. Barry has them. Its really minor items, just handy.

Just came back from a short vacation on Kauai. Charged the car and went to the airport. Lost about 40 rated miles over the course of 5 days parked at the airport. I knew that the first 24 hours was free for EV at the airport, and that the maximum daily charge is $15. I was expecting to pay $60 for the other 4 days, but it was all FREE! I'm not arguing with the toll lady. Was nice to get back into the S after riding around a Chevy Cruze for the better part of a week. :)

Just came back from a short vacation on Kauai. Charged the car and went to the airport. Lost about 40 rated miles over the course of 5 days parked at the airport. I knew that the first 24 hours was free for EV at the airport, and that the maximum daily charge is $15. I was expecting to pay $60 for the other 4 days, but it was all FREE! I'm not arguing with the toll lady. Was nice to get back into the S after riding around a Chevy Cruze for the better part of a week. :)

Congrats on the bonus! I'd warn others that Stephen's experience on the free parking is likely to be the exception rather than the rule though.

Status
Not open for further replies.