Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After a year and a half of owning my MS, I am still pleasantly surprised at how awesome the car is...we picked up a new 65" tv tonight and it fit perfectly in the car...the box was huge! My 60-pound dog looks so tiny next to it!

image.jpg
image.jpg

After a year and a half of owning my MS, I am still pleasantly surprised at how awesome the car is...we picked up a new 65" tv tonight and it fit perfectly in the car...the box was huge! My 60-pound dog looks so tiny next to it!

View attachment 65896 View attachment 65897

I should have taken a picture of my MS with all the luggage we came home with when we went to Vancouver. We got 5 suitcases, fit the carry ons and a huge stuffed hippo to boot. And no one needed to have any bags on their laps or on the floor in front of them.

Nanimac, that's an amazing photo. I too sometimes use my Model S like a large pickup truck. My record is hauling 4 50" TVs in their boxes at one time. With the rear window covered, I used the mirrors and the aft-facing camera to keep an eye on traffic behind me.

I routinely pick up merchandise from our warehouse in Kakaako to resupply the store in-between runs with the company van and also find the aft-facing camera to come in handy. I can fit nine 30" suitcases and six carry-on pieces in my S on one run. No way I could do that with my old 5-series.

I routinely pick up merchandise from our warehouse in Kakaako to resupply the store in-between runs with the company van and also find the aft-facing camera to come in handy. I can fit nine 30" suitcases and six carry-on pieces in my S on one run. No way I could do that with my old 5-series.

One of the reasons we kept the Q5 was for a utility car to lug around big stuff..but I've found we actually use the MS more instead :smile:

wow! That would've been a great picture !

Ask and ye shall receive. I should have opened the hatch for max effect, but you get the idea that this car can indeed haul 4 50" TVs if they're in the right sized boxes. The top of the top box is about 2 feet off the floor. This car is a beast for hauling things!

TVhauler.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting story. I go to Cosmo gas station semi-frequently when I'm too lazy to wash my car (or haven't had time to) and the owner is this Japanese guy who has a Nissan GT-R which is always parked there. He asked me some questions about my S and whether I liked it or not, and of course I said yes and I highly recommend it. I was surprised that he said he was thinking about selling his GT-R to get the Tesla. And this is a gas station owner. I wonder how long before he sells his station if he gets one :smile:

Interesting story. I go to Cosmo gas station semi-frequently when I'm too lazy to wash my car (or haven't had time to) and the owner is this Japanese guy who has a Nissan GT-R which is always parked there. He asked me some questions about my S and whether I liked it or not, and of course I said yes and I highly recommend it. I was surprised that he said he was thinking about selling his GT-R to get the Tesla. And this is a gas station owner. I wonder how long before he sells his station if he gets one :smile:

maybe he'll install in charger :smile:

StephenM, If we see a gas station owner with a fancy car selling his car to get a Tesla, that really says something! Who knows, maybe he'll offer a quick charge station at his service station someday.

Tying in to nanimacs earlier post, I too had a large haul recently; a new carport tent. The Costco workers that helped me load it didn't think it would fit--I knew better. People stood around and watched bewildered at the behemoth tent being loaded into a Tesla--and being able to fit and close the hatch without a problem. Not to mention the dog food and other stuff too.

*Hey, hey--no jokes about the motor oil and fuel injector cleaner in the Tesla (is that a sin) :cursing: --I have other ICE's for family and work...:redface:

IMG_3375.JPG

Tying in to nanimacs earlier post, I too had a large haul recently; a new carport tent. The Costco workers that helped me load it didn't think it would fit--I knew better. People stood around and watched bewildered at the behemoth tent being loaded into a Tesla--and being able to fit and close the hatch without a problem. Not to mention the dog food and other stuff too.

*Hey, hey--no jokes about the motor oil and fuel injector cleaner in the Tesla (is that a sin) :cursing: --I have other ICE's for family and work...:redface:

View attachment 66393

I was just going to ask about that. I didn't even recognize that because it has been so long. Looks like you could have bought more things. What would have wow'd the workers is if you had put some of the things in the frunk as well.

Papa fox, I ping'd him on the tesla motors forum for a meetup but he'll be on the Big Island. He's probably there now since he said it would be around Xmas. There's a post somewhere about this to let big isle people know. not sure if anyone contacted him. Would've been great if he came to Oahu!

Hey guys, Luke from the Service Center. I just wanted to drop a line and give a big mahalo to each and every one of your for making Tesla one of the greatest companies to work for. Tomorrow is my last day with the company, but I just wanted to let you all know that having owners like you is what made the job great for me. I was there for about 90% of all your deliveries and I really consider you all as part of my extended Ohana. It has been an absolute joy seeing the company, and store grow and again thank you so much for being supportive and most of all patient with us! I don't know who will be filling my shoes at the shop, but Jimmy will still be there and if the new guy gives you any fuss send him my way, i'll straighten him out!

I also have my check book waiting for the Model 3, so maybe I get to be on the receiving end of that Tesla Aloha for a change? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.