Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlights on during day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see this all the times and is my pet peeve. Thing is you can’t flash them as by time you notice they’re behind you

I was a guilty driver when I first had a car with switchable running lights (Alfa). There was no information in the manual explaining their use and did not say that though the front lights were on the rears were not. In dusky conditions I was happily driving along and wondering why I was being flashed ... as far as I knew my lights were on ... but of course I subsequently discovered they weren't! Embarrassing and dangerous.

Reactions: CMc1
Just bring this topic back up.
The weather is really sunny, and not a cloud in the sky. But on automatic, my headlights are still on. I cant see any reason why? (i will add my wifes Leaf seems to be doing this as well). Both cars are on the drive. I see zero reason why they should be one. Its just a waste of battery (thus range).
Anybody else still getting this issue?

lights.JPG

On M40 driving south in bright sunlight yesterday at noon, I noticed that the car icon on the IC had headlights on. Have not seen this before. Lights were set to auto. 2020.32.5. I don't know if the lights were actually on, dipped or full beam. Apologies for fuzzy image from passenger's phone.

I happened again this morning, again in bright sunlight, after update to 2030.36.11 overnight. Feature of fault?

Did you use the windscreen washers? That turns the headlights on.

Thanks for that little snippet, it's solved something that's been puzzling me for a couple of days. During a drive last week, in bright sunshine, I spotted that the headlights had suddenly switched on (saw the reflection clearly in a road sign). At the time I thought it was just a glitch in the headlight switching, from a shadow or something, but I'm pretty sure I was also trying to clean dead flies off the windscreen at the time.

Reactions: bhav