Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 9F8540F5-D0DC-4F5B-BE66-4250E16ECFFE.jpeg
    9F8540F5-D0DC-4F5B-BE66-4250E16ECFFE.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 107
Mine is like that too
It seems like during day time, out low beam and too portion of the light stays on

when headlight is turned on, the top portion dims a bit and that’s it.

im in Canada and other model 3 shows the same so I thought it’s normal. I had one of my headlight replaced already died to burned out led. Would be nice if we can have the low beam turned off in day time.

My auto headlights are like that, but it usually goes off after a couple of minutes of driving in the sunlight. I've noticed a few times it didn't so I would then manually turn them off a few miles down the road under direct sunlight.

Since I park in a garage, my headlights come on every time I get into the car and put my foot on the brake (even with the bright garage lights turn on). However, it's a good reminder for me to just turn the headlights to OFF every time before I start my drive. If I'm already parked outside during the day, then I never run into this issue.

I just had a chat with Tesla online. The person confirms that the low beam turns on too. I specify that I’m from Canada.

Anyone from the states who can check if it does the same in us too?
Mine do not (WA state, Sep 2019 build). DRLs (Signature lights, top of headlight lens) only, until the sensor thinks the regular low-beam headlights are needed. Headlight icon on the display shows only when the low beams come on.

FWIW, my headlights come on in the garage, but then turn off by the time I am out of the driveway during daylight. I doubt garage lights are bright enough to trigger the sensors; after all, they turn on the lights in brightly-lit tunnels, too...