Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headliner Fit and Finish Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else noticed their headliner pulling away from the roof where it meets the windshield overhead? I can practically put my entire hand in the gap! That can't be how it was designed to fit. I reported it to my SC ..curious if this is systemic or unique to my X.

Has anyone else noticed their headliner pulling away from the roof where it meets the windshield overhead? I can practically put my entire hand in the gap! That can't be how it was designed to fit. I reported it to my SC ..curious if this is systemic or unique to my X.

It's a software update, so you have more room to place the sunshade.

JK - I'll have to check mine when I get home. I hope not!

Yes I did have that issue and brought it up to my SC during a visit for other issues. They determined that they needed to replace it as it was kind of sagging.
I would suggest you have your SC inspect it.

Hmm ..interesting that it needed to be replaced! Was hoping it was a simpler fix. I'll try posting some pix this afternoon for comparison purposes. Thanks!

IMG_3902.JPG
IMG_3901.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Drivin
SC said all the Xs they looked at are just like this, and their logic is that if they are all like this, then it must be fine. I strongly disagree! I would classify this as a systemic flaw which needs to be addressed! I asked that it be logged and reported to engineering. I can't imagine anyone designing it this way - it's either improperly assembled, incomplete or very poorly designed!

SC said all the Xs they looked at are just like this, and their logic is that if they are all like this, then it must be fine. I strongly disagree! I would classify this as a systemic flaw which needs to be addressed! I asked that it be logged and reported to engineering. I can't imagine anyone designing it this way - it's either improperly assembled, incomplete or very poorly designed!

Did they say if it can be fixed? Wonder if many people are seeing this. How long did it take to come to this stage? Thanks.

That's odd that your SC is blowing it away that it's normal. When I reported it I wasn't even sure it's a problem and the ASM looked at it and immediately recognized the issue. Let them know that other SCs have replaced the headliner for this same issue.

That's odd that your SC is blowing it away that it's normal. When I reported it I wasn't even sure it's a problem and the ASM looked at it and immediately recognized the issue. Let them know that other SCs have replaced the headliner for this same issue.
Picked up my Model X 90D yesterday. Got a call a few days before from my DS telling me the only issue they found during the predelivery inspection was the space in the headliner as it attaches to the rear of the window. They ordered a new one and it wasn't in yet and they gave me the option of picking the car up as is and returning later for the fix. Couldn't wait, so we picked it up and it is a fabulous automobile. So far after driving it for two days and about 100 miles, no issues, except the headliner.