Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heat pump acoustic cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the response I got from Tesla. It is very funny.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 10.56.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 10.56.17 PM.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 149
This is the response I got from Tesla. It is very funny.
man, that sucks. I made an appointment with my service center for the cover along with some other small fixes. They didn't even question it or ask me any questions. Send me an estimate with all the works including cover for retro fit. All are covered under warranty for free. I would message or call them direct and argue that many others are getting the cover installed for free.

Screenshot_20200711-093322.png

SC are so inconsistent. I got a response back from Plano SC that they wanted to charge me 1 hour to diagnose the sound issue. I declined and cancelled my appointment. Obviously this is a known issue and a fix exist. It should be free of charge.

The inconsistency between service centers is frustrating. I had mine added at a service center but it’s clearly doable for mobile service. It’s a rather simple appearing addition of a foam wrap.
Also, I was just aggressive and sent them the part # and they ordered it.
Regarding the charge for diagnosis above, I wouldn’t worry about that. That’s really just to setup the appointment but you won’t be charged. I had a similar entry for mine.

For those without out the wrap, I would rather trade you for a working A/C. I get cool air about half the time.

The inconsistency between service centers is frustrating. I had mine added at a service center but it’s clearly doable for mobile service. It’s a rather simple appearing addition of a foam wrap.
Also, I was just aggressive and sent them the part # and they ordered it.
Regarding the charge for diagnosis above, I wouldn’t worry about that. That’s really just to setup the appointment but you won’t be charged. I had a similar entry for mine.

For those without out the wrap, I would rather trade you for a working A/C. I get cool air about half the time.
Yeah, they definitely need to improve, especially with communication.
Yeah, AC isn't the best, especially when it's very hot outside. takes forever to cool down.

man, that sucks. I made an appointment with my service center for the cover along with some other small fixes. They didn't even question it or ask me any questions. Send me an estimate with all the works including cover for retro fit. All are covered under warranty for free. I would message or call them direct and argue that many others are getting the cover installed for free.

View attachment 563282

Thank you for sharing your repair order. Do you mind looking at your manufacturer date on the VIN label? I think it should be on top left area. Just asking so when I go in I can argue that other cars before 5/26/2020 had retrofit fix done.

Went to SC today while my MY was getting service to see if they can add the cover on the heat pump. They said they never got a bulletin on how to add it and ask me to check with them later.
That's sucks. Yeah, they are very inconsistent from SC to SC. For mine, I just made an appointment and they automatically ordered the part. I didn't have to do anything else. Other people here had to fight for theirs to be installed.

That's sucks. Yeah, they are very inconsistent from SC to SC. For mine, I just made an appointment and they automatically ordered the part. I didn't have to do anything else. Other people here had to fight for theirs to be installed.
Mine was the same in Tampa. They asked for a short video/sound to hear it and after I sent it they said thanks we'll schedule your mobile service.

I just let them know it works fine, but it's obnoxiously loud and when it's in a parking lot pre-cooling you can hear it like 30 feet away.

My SC in south florida was fine and ordered the part with no push back.

Tomorrow the acoustic blanket for AC goes in along with tow hitch and some minor other items to fix...

Just used the supercharger yesterday on a longer drive...still loving the car and 2500 miles on it :)

I requested this acoustic cover on the app and I got an email notifying me of the order of the acoustic cover so I guess it worked. The heating pump is really loud, I thought that was a Tesla thing but apparently it’s just the model Y. Looking forward to having it installed

Dropped of my MY for a ac acoustic retrofit along with the rear seats not folding down automatically. SC advisor said it’s not a guarantee they will install the acoustic cover, they have to check the “noise level” first and determine if it “meets the criteria”. Anyone else had this issue/comment made to them? Before my appt I received an email saying they ordered my part too.

Dropped of my MY for a ac acoustic retrofit along with the rear seats not folding down automatically. SC advisor said it’s not a guarantee they will install the acoustic cover, they have to check the “noise level” first and determine if it “meets the criteria”. Anyone else had this issue/comment made to them? Before my appt I received an email saying they ordered my part too.
Yeah, Tesla is just so inconsistent. My SC just ordered and installed it, no noise level testing.

You should also check your rear seats to see if they align when they are leaning all the way back. Mine isn't so they had to order the part to fix it. Right now it's in back order.