Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heat Pump sensor replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the TSB for all MYs, or a specific VIN range? for the same service as I had. But I wasn't told exactly with the VIN range is. I'd request a service appt via the app and see what they say.
Is the TSB for all MYs, or a specific VIN range?
I think it's for a range of VINs and you won't know if your MY is affected until you bring it in for service and they tack this onto whatever work you having done.
I believe you are correct, in my experience Customer Service Campaigns aren't usually treated by notifying owners of EVERY VIN associated with the problem. In my case and two local buddies, we had an appointment to get the PWS installed and that's when this was mentioned. So if your HVAC is operating "nominally" you won't be notified your VIN has a potential issue.

Last edited:
you bring it in for service and they tack this onto whatever work you having done.
That is what happened to me, no prior problem with A/C, and the car went in for something else. Sadly, however, after the PT sensor replacement some other problem was detected in the thermal management system, and a week later we still have no car while they await the arrival of a part, an expansion valve I believe. I've described the ongoing saga here: Dead Car

That is what happened to me, no prior problem with A/C, and the car went in for something else. Sadly, however, after the PT sensor replacement some other problem was detected in the thermal management system, and a week later we still have no car while they await the arrival of a part, an expansion valve I believe. I've described the ongoing saga here: Dead Car

I read your DEAD Tesla post. That’s sickening, I hope they fix your car properly and get it back to you ASAP. Please keep us posted on your saga.

Just had my LR Model Y in for its first service appointment as the driver seat had developed a creaking noise with ordinary weight shifts. Once the appointment was scheduled, they added work on the bulletin to Replace Refrigerant P/T Sensors. The sensor part numbers used were:

PT Sensor, Low Pressure (1510048-00-C)
PT Sensor, High Pressure (1510047- 00-C)

My VIN is in the range 10xxx, manufactured in May 2020.

Just had my LR Model Y in for its first service appointment as the driver seat had developed a creaking noise with ordinary weight shifts. Once the appointment was scheduled, they added work on the bulletin to Replace Refrigerant P/T Sensors. The sensor part numbers used were:

PT Sensor, Low Pressure (1510048-00-C)
PT Sensor, High Pressure (1510047- 00-C)

My VIN is in the range 10xxx, manufactured in May 2020.

That mirrors many other owners experience. Apparently Tesla feels your HVAC will fail at some point even if it’s operating fine today. I wasn’t worried so gladly accepted the repair.

Here is the Service Bulletin. (SB-21-18-002)

I'll be swinging by the dealer this afternoon to ask about what was used on my car.

Thank you for the Service Bulletin - I check in the doc but didn't see any 'VIN list" as stated in the file - does anyone know the range of VIN / have a list other than the Year range of 2020-2021?

SB-21-18-002
"Campaign Bulletin: This campaign bulletin addresses a known non-safety-related condition and provides recommended technical diagnosis and repair procedures. Apply this procedure to all vehicles in the affected VIN list."

The what now?
I don’t have the post office letter anymore, but it says to make an appointment to have the recall done.
Attached is the work done as described in the invoice

Attachments

• 27D3356F-7AB5-42B5-886F-7C526F840462.png
    27D3356F-7AB5-42B5-886F-7C526F840462.png
    382.3 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: Velcade