TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Heated seat. Am I the only one that wants butt off option?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Chopr147, Dec 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Yea, those mats are from the 99 cents store. I put in some nice Lloyd's mat covers and my wife likes the thick carpet on her toes. Taking them out for the winter though. :(
    For those wanting the exit mode I took another forum members advice and set a driver profile to "Exit/Entry" and use it at times.
    I do not have any major complaints about this car, just the usual ones a lot of us have. Mostly with the cheaper interior products. And yet I LOVE this car! I may get the Abstract Ocean LED package

2. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Ok, if you are consumed with paranoia re warranty, just pull the bloody fuse already. The wiring to seat heaters should be right there under the seat space and is on a fused 12 volt circuit. Golden opportunity to earn your Auto-Electric merit badge.
    --

• Like x 1
  3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Yes! My 2001 GMC Envoy had the same feature. I loved being able to just turn on the seat back!

4. Dithermaster

Dithermaster Member

I'll add a +1 for separately controllable seat heating settings (not just on/off, but 0-3 for top and bottom). Make the UI a pop-up that appears when you use the combined control; similar to the left/right temperature split mode.

5. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

think you are looking for something similar to this...?

Attached Files:

6. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Yes exactly! I really don't know why it's not an option on so many new cars. Like I said I had it on my 2008 GMC!

7. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

that was off a 2015 suburban ltz :)

8. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Wonder if this was just a GMC thing? My Cadillac had 3 level heat and 3 level cooled seats, but no individual seat vs. back control which surprised me when I traded the GMC Envoy in for it.

9. fallen888

fallen888 Participant

I used to do this with pizza I'd pick up from a place that didn't deliver. Valid argument.

10. CuriousG

CuriousG Active Member

It's almost Christmas. Who doesn't like their chestnuts roasting on an open fire?

• Like x 1
  11. Tslacg

Tslacg Member

I would love to have the option to keep just the back of my heated seat on. The model s is a solid car, but has many refinements as Tesla expands their offerings.

As the model 3 rolls out, I'm really hoping the model s will move up market in terms of the interior luxury they offer. Tesla dominates in the performance sedan sector, but is really lacking in a smooth refined suspension (comfort setting). Put in a cushy setting to match cushy steering, double paned windows and a bit more noise insulation, and massage seats and you've got me sold for life. For now, when my 90d lease is up I might be shopping the ev offerings due out from MB.

12. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Just came back from upstate with a 3 hour drive. My "chestnuts" were overheated :) Maybe I will look into a seat cushion;)

13. CuriousG

CuriousG Active Member

Maybe you need to put it on simmer the 1 setting?