Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome! Congrats on your new order - I'm sure you're in for an agonising wait!
Cheers! Yes it’s only been four days but it already feels like it’s dragging...

My only disappointment so far is the trade in quote for my BMW M135i, which was £1k below We Buy Any Car. I will try to sell privately just before the Model 3 arrives, if I get enough notice...! Otherwise the process has been straightforward and I received a courtesy call from Tesla a couple of days ago to confirm I’m in the queue and will be matched with a car “in due course”.

Yes it’s only been four days but it already feels like it’s dragging...

Welcome to the Jungle!

If you haven't already and don't mind selling your soul, pop your data on this discussion

TMC Forum UK Model 3 Order Summary Sheet

to add to the spreadsheet:

TMC Forum UK Tesla Model 3 Orders Shared

Read the ABOUT tab of the spreadsheet to help the data get added accurately

This will unlock full agony, including repeated despair cycles - don't forget to fasten your seatbelt!

Last edited:
Otherwise the process has been straightforward and I received a courtesy call from Tesla a couple of days ago to confirm I’m in the queue and will be matched with a car “in due course”.

Honestly the variation in communication is really interesting to me.

Tesla haven't called me ever, about anything. Others seem to have had a number of different calls.

We've got a collection time this Friday - all informed by text. No call at any stage. Maybe you're one of the lucky ones! ;)

In any case, it'll be worth the wait.

Honestly the variation in communication is really interesting to me.

Tesla haven't called me ever, about anything. Others seem to have had a number of different calls.

We've got a collection time this Friday - all informed by text. No call at any stage. Maybe you're one of the lucky ones! ;)

In any case, it'll be worth the wait.
Seems odd there’s not a standard process. They didn’t really tell me anything significant on the call, they just thanked me for the order and for providing all the information straight away, and said I’m now in the queue. But it was still nice to receive the call. Good luck for your collection!

Welcome to the Jungle!

If you haven't already and don't mind selling your soul, pop your data on this discussion

TMC Forum UK Model 3 Order Summary Sheet

to add to the spreadsheet:

TMC Forum UK Tesla Model 3 Orders Shared

Read the ABOUT tab of the spreadsheet to help the data get added accurately

This will unlock full agony, including repeated despair cycles - don't forget to fasten your seatbelt!

All done. Now, back to torturing myself with Model 3 YouTube videos!

• Funny
Reactions: Fullerene
Seems odd there’s not a standard process. They didn’t really tell me anything significant on the call, they just thanked me for the order and for providing all the information straight away, and said I’m now in the queue. But it was still nice to receive the call. Good luck for your collection!
Same call for me. Just confirmed the details I'd put on the website and asked if I would be free during August and September but judging by what I've read so far I probably won't be getting the car until October

Hi Chris, welcome to the madhouse :cool:

I’ve got a delivery slot of 26 Aug - 02 Sep and I can’t wait!

You might be surprised how quickly you get your car. Once the backlog of U.K. orders is sorted out, which should be mostly done by the end of next month, there should be lots of cars available.

Fingers crossed it’s not too long for you!

Cheers - Roy.

Hi Chris, welcome to the madhouse :cool:

I’ve got a delivery slot of 26 Aug - 02 Sep and I can’t wait!

You might be surprised how quickly you get your car. Once the backlog of U.K. orders is sorted out, which should be mostly done by the end of next month, there should be lots of cars available.

Fingers crossed it’s not too long for you!

Cheers - Roy.
Thanks Roy!

Hi everyone, I’ve been reading this forum for a while but haven’t posted before now. But last week I bit the bullet and ordered my first Tesla, a Model 3 SR+ in white, so wanted to introduce myself. So hello from Kent!
hi Chris,

I'm in Surrey, Leatherhead area... so not too far off!

feel ree to ask if you have any questions!

I just received my M3 - and did a writeup on my journey and the communication etc..
Reserving to Receiving - a P- story

Welcome to the Tesla family... miles-of-smiles!