Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help and advice on Tesla 3 hit in the bumper and sensor pushed in:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I live in Wollongong but would be prepared to travel to Sydney. My Tesla 3 SR 2021 was slightly hit at the back and the sensor knocked in. Does anyone know do I take their one GIO recommended repairer or ask for a Tesla repairer? Real unsure here. I have full comp with GIO including glass etc.
Tesla accident 1.jpg

Here's the list of Tesla certified repairers.

Go through this and speak to GIO and see who they have on their books as repairers. I say this because if they are a GIO approved repairer, if there's any issues with the quality of the repairs, GIO will chase it up instead of you having to do it yourself. If you choose a different repairer that isn't GIO approved and there's issues with the work, it's on you to chase it up with the repairer.

I had a similar kind of accident only I reversed into something. GIO were able to repair it because there was no damage to the sensor. As you are looking at a sensor replacement too, it will need Tesla certified intervention to replace/recalibrate that ultrasonic thingy.