Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Automatic drivers door won't open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had this same issue, it's a small $15 part inside the door. Schedule a mobile service appointment (if you can) and they'll have it done in less than 10 mins. They didn't even charge me.

Do you by any chance have the part number? I've emailed Rocklin to see if they could just ship me the part. (I'm 7 1/2 hour drive away)
If you still have the invoice I'll bet it's on there.
Tom Owen

From time to time you will see someone with a Falcon Wing Door issue, but they overall work pretty well.

Reminds me when Dad would never order a car with power windows because "that was just something else to go wrong"

It has many advantages, such as making entry and egress easier, installing kid seats easier, sheltering occupants from rain when open etc.

Downsides is that they are powered, can pinch fingers, can hit you on the head etc. Gotta be careful with them, expecially if it is something new that you are not used to.

For me they have been fantastic. Far easier to use than regular doors, and delightful to use. Love being able to push a button to let passengers enter the car, then show them where the buttons are to operated themselves.

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot
Not sure if you've resolved your issue yet but this is an issue we see pretty often. There could be a few possible solutions, but the most common one we see is just simply popping part of the actuator assembly back in. I've attached a photo to show what I'm talking about. If you remove the door trim panel, you can see everything. The green section is often loose and not seated properly. We simply push it back in and voila.

9hwzj2T.jpg

Could that green plastic retainer pop out on its own or do you see it after some work is done on the door panel?

I am having the same issue, door pops open a little, then the ice breaker push it out a little more. Then i need to pull the door open manually.

Service recently worked on replacing the inner door seals and I suspect this is what is causing the issue