Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help: Horrific battery draining while parked in long term parking structure - I've got 12 days to go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am out of the country right now, over 6,000 miles away. I left my car parked in a 3rd floor of a long term airport parking structure. I charged it to 90% before I left my house, arrived and parked at 79% on the late night of 11/10. I made sure to turn off sentry mode, turned off preconditioning, turned off cabin overheat protection, disabled any tessie routines I had and left the car to head out of the country. I've been checking it because I noticed significant phantom drain even though it shouldn't be running anything. It's losing 4-5% per day so far.

It's now just a couple hours past 3 days and my car is now at 63% battery. I've lost 16% in about 80 hours parked in a parking structure!!! What the hell is wrong? The car should be going to sleep, right?

If all you need is 11% to get home, you should be fine, no?

What software are you on?
Also let's math that out. I've got 12 days to go. If I am currently at 63% battery and am losing 5% per day, that's 60% battery drain and will leave me with 3%. So no I'm not fine.

You should be able to leave a tesla in long term parking for 2 weeks and not return to a dead car. At the current rate of drain I will be doing just that. Something's wrong here.

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
Don't trust it at all. Change the password.

Additionally, Summon on Standby will apparently keep the car awake.
Changed my password. I'll wait a full 48 hours before I log back in and check on the car and see how the battery drain is. It was 63% when I last checked. Phone app is logged out, tessie app is logged out with password changed so authorization should be cut off.

I opened a service ticket with tesla and hope since this is such a software car they can look at the logs and say "yeah this 3rd party app is keeping your car awake" and can point the finger at something. Or there is something else wrong with my car, maybe Sentry is still on even though everything I've checked says it's off.

I opened a service ticket with tesla and hope since this is such a software car they can look at the logs and say "yeah this 3rd party app is keeping your car awake" and can point the finger at something. Or there is something else wrong with my car, maybe Sentry is still on even though everything I've checked says it's off.
And if the battery gets down to below 20% or so, maybe you can have a friend or family member go drive the car and charge it up a little. Do you know how to remote start to allow someone to drive it without a key?

Reactions: Jane4