TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Help! I ordered two cars by mistake!

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Mo City, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Mo City

Mo City Member

Do I have 3 days to get a refund? I couldn't find an option online for canceling and Tesla's phone lines are overloaded.

My cc was debited $2,500.00 twice. Both of my reservations are now confirmed orders but I need to cancel one and get one of the down payments credited back.

Appreciate any help.

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

How exactly did you do this? You must have had two reservations to be able to order two cars. No there is no such thing as having three days to cancel. This isn’t aluminum siding being sold door to door.

• Funny x 1
  3. Webeevdrivers

Webeevdrivers Member

Can you not Just contest the one charge on the card?

4. Mo City

Mo City Member

I had two reservations. Converted one but wasn't 100% sure it was confirmed. Went back about 15 mins later, clicked one button (didn't configure or do anything else) and, presto, the other reservation was converted also. The configuration was identical to the first one.

Oh well, I'm out $2,500 because we definitely can't afford two Model 3 payments.

5. Mrr82

Mrr82 Member

Doesn’t the 1k also become non-refundable when you config?

6. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

Yes, you have 3 days

7. Mo City

Mo City Member

Thought so. Please tell me how to cancel.

8. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Your going to have to call (and wait on hold).

You can try to find a helpful salesperson at the local store, especially if you have worked with them at all.

9. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

#9 FlatSix911, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Just sell your other configuration ... simple really! :cool:

10. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

You should have received a confirmation email, which you can respond to. If not, and a phone call doesn't work, I would submit a question on this page, asking how to cancel the second order: Contact | Tesla

11. TT97

TT97 Member

California has a 3-day Right to Cancel law, however, it does not apply to new automobile purchases or leases.

Why do people say he has 3 days to cancel? I took a look at the MVPA I have and there is no mention of any 3-day cancellation right.

Having said that, I would definitely agree with everyone and talk to Tesla to explain to them the situation - I am sure they will help you out.

12. ChrisMPK

ChrisMPK Member

What was the "one button" that you clicked? Was it "buy Model 3 now"?

13. siucity

siucity Button Pusher

Sounds like Amazon's 1-click purchase option...

• Funny x 1
  14. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

Let them know of your goof. Bet they straighten it out.

15. Tiger

Tiger Member

How can you order 2 cars with 1 reservation? Sounds like a bug in the system and you should definitely get refunded. People might start exploiting this bug and sell multiple configurations at their early reservation number.

16. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

They're better by the dozen, keep ordering! Just kidding, I'm sure if you call Tesla and tell them what happened they will refund your $2,500. People double order things online all the time. Generally not cars though... :D

• Funny x 1
  17. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

He had two reservations per post #4 above.

18. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Mo City, Don't forget to ask for the quantity discount when you reach 12.

• Funny x 2
  19. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Or perhaps the subscribe and save option?

20. gdouglas70

gdouglas70 Member

I did the same thing on Tuesday when it became available. Two res, first one bought several months ago via web on computer and recallled going through many steps before confirmed. Tuesday was on mobile device and just wanted to see what total cost was going to be for various option and “one click” later I bought a second car. I think bc my credit card is now associated with the account. Wasn’t when I did first purchase. The good news is tesla will refund you they couldn’t be nicer about it actually. The bad news is your reservation is GONE. Can’t be reinstated. Back to the end of the line. However since everyone seems to get an immediate invite now not sure that matters but probably moves you somewhat further down the queue. You are not alone!!!