Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! I ordered two cars by mistake!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mo City

Jul 17, 2016
near Houston
Do I have 3 days to get a refund? I couldn't find an option online for canceling and Tesla's phone lines are overloaded.

My cc was debited $2,500.00 twice. Both of my reservations are now confirmed orders but I need to cancel one and get one of the down payments credited back.

Appreciate any help.

How exactly did you do this? You must have had two reservations to be able to order two cars. No there is no such thing as having three days to cancel. This isn’t aluminum siding being sold door to door.
I had two reservations. Converted one but wasn't 100% sure it was confirmed. Went back about 15 mins later, clicked one button (didn't configure or do anything else) and, presto, the other reservation was converted also. The configuration was identical to the first one.

Oh well, I'm out $2,500 because we definitely can't afford two Model 3 payments.

I had two reservations. Converted one but wasn't 100% sure it was confirmed. Went back about 15 mins later, clicked one button (didn't configure or do anything else) and, presto, the other reservation was converted also. The configuration was identical to the first one.

Oh well, I'm out $2,500 because we definitely can't afford two Model 3 payments.

Doesn’t the 1k also become non-refundable when you config?

Do I have 3 days to get a refund? I couldn't find an option online for canceling and Tesla's phone lines are overloaded.

My cc was debited $2,500.00 twice. Both of my reservations are now confirmed orders but I need to cancel one and get one of the down payments credited back.

Appreciate any help.

Just sell your other configuration ... simple really! :cool:

Last edited:
How exactly did you do this? You must have had two reservations to be able to order two cars. No there is no such thing as having three days to cancel. This isn’t aluminum siding being sold door to door.

California has a 3-day Right to Cancel law, however, it does not apply to new automobile purchases or leases.

Why do people say he has 3 days to cancel? I took a look at the MVPA I have and there is no mention of any 3-day cancellation right.

Having said that, I would definitely agree with everyone and talk to Tesla to explain to them the situation - I am sure they will help you out.

I did the same thing on Tuesday when it became available. Two res, first one bought several months ago via web on computer and recallled going through many steps before confirmed. Tuesday was on mobile device and just wanted to see what total cost was going to be for various option and “one click” later I bought a second car. I think bc my credit card is now associated with the account. Wasn’t when I did first purchase. The good news is tesla will refund you they couldn’t be nicer about it actually. The bad news is your reservation is GONE. Can’t be reinstated. Back to the end of the line. However since everyone seems to get an immediate invite now not sure that matters but probably moves you somewhat further down the queue. You are not alone!!!