Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help: in Brest gestrand, wat nu?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ik lees dat ze de Tesla ook hadden kunnen airliften ;)

200 pond compensatie per passagier. 1000 in jullie geval? Dat is een schamele troost, ik neem aan dat het de ticketprijs compenseert, maar toch zeker niet de rest.

Dank voor al jullie reacties. Inmiddels heb ik op internet nog een artikel gevonden over "onze" boot:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hundreds-people-stranded-dozens-injured.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25500609

Een verslag van het rijden in Engelen en (vooral) Frankrijk volgt.

Wat een onvoorstelbaar verhaal zeg. Aan de ene kant ben je blij dat je er af bent, maar om je passagiers zo maar te droppen in Brest is pas echt erg....
Op kerstavond, op zoek naar een herberg. ;)

Ik lees dat ze de Tesla ook hadden kunnen airliften ;)

200 pond compensatie per passagier. 1000 in jullie geval? Dat is een schamele troost, ik neem aan dat het de ticketprijs compenseert, maar toch zeker niet de rest.

Merde, dat ik daar niet aan heb gedacht. De discussie over compensatie is nog gaande. In eerste instantie was de compensatie enkel de helft van de ticketprijs van de heenreis plus 200 pond per auto (niet per passagier!). De totale prijs van de reis was iets meer dan 1000 pond, dus de helft van de ticketprijs zou slechts worden vergoed. Ik heb per e-mail verzocht om een vergoeding van de totale kosten voor de tickets. Daar kwam deze reactie op:

Dear Mr [XXX]

Thank you for your email received in Customer Services 28 December 2013.

We would like to apologise once again for the disruption to your travel plans as a result of the heavy seas on your recent crossing.

The Captain took the decision to leave Roscoff, fully intending to complete the journey to Bilbao and deliver you safely to your destination. There is nobody more qualified than the Captain to make the decision to take the responsibility to sail and ultimately the decision is his.

As reported in the press, these were the worst seas in 16 years and the decisions that we made were in the best interests of our passengers to get them to their destination in time for Christmas. Unfortunately, the weather deteriorated and it was necessary to take shelter.

The decision was then made to disembark passengers in Brest to give them the best chance to get to their destination. This was the safest and most practical option for most of our passengers. The ferry then proceeded to sail with no passengers onboard, to hopefully be able to do the return crossing. It was not a safe option to sail with passengers to Bilbao and I understand this would have been the best option for you but the Captain has the final decision with passenger safety his main priority.

A refund of 50% of the affected crossing, (which is the tariff differential for the French and Spanish crossing amounting to ?258.50) and a contribution of ?200 towards your onward travel costs has now been processed, this was paid back to your card that you used to pay for your booking. The refund was processed on 27 December. All other consequential losses would need to be recovered from your Insurance company.

If you should need any further information from us to pursue a claim with them, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We do fully appreciate how challenging this journey will have been for you and once again offer our sincere apologies.

Kind regards

[XXX]

Waarop ik dit heb geantwoord:

Dear Mr. [XXX],

As I stated in my previous e-mail, I fully understand the captain's decision to return to shore. I was onboard at that time and allthough I have no particular knowledge of carferries, I know things are not right when the restaurant's inventory starts falling to the floor as the ship tilts. There is some very impressive footage available.

What I don't understand is the captain's decision to sail off, as he must have known about the forecasts. However, thats's not my point either.

My point is Brittany Ferries left us stranded in Brest with a fully electrical car in a region with absolutely no car charging infrastructure for a Tesla Model S. Since it takes 36 hours to charge one full battery via a normal outlet, that's the direct reason why we can't make use of our return crossing from Bilbao to Portsmouth on the
second of January. Being left stranded in Brest has most importantly ruined our Christmas holidays, but it has led to a lot of additional expenses for us as well. For example the rent of our holiday house in Spain, and the numerous hotel bookings in Bretagne and Normandy on our long return trip.

Since it was efectively impossible for us to make use of our return crossing from Bilbao to Portsmouth, the least I expect from Brittany Ferries is a full refund of the costs of our return ticket.

Please consider this request carefully. If Brittany Ferries fails to refund the costs of the return ticket I will be forced to take further (legal and publicitary) actions.

Yours sincerely,

[Daniel 74]

Waarop gisteren het volgende antwoord van Brittany Ferries kwam:

Good Afternoon Mr [Daniel 74]

Thank you for your further email.

I have reviewed your file with my Manager and he has agreed to refund you the return crossing less the ?200 gesture we have already given you.

Therefore I have requested a further ?287.00 to be refunded back to your card that you paid for your booking with.

Any further losses would need to be the subject of an insurance claim and if you need any further information from us to pursue a claim, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Our apologies once again for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

[Brittany Ferries]

De stand van zaken op dit moment is dus dat ik driekwart van de reis terug krijg. Ik blijf het wat miezerig vinden dat ze die laatste 25% (de 200 pond voor de extra kosten) nu niet meer uitkeren. Het gaat mij overigens niet om het bedrag zelf.

Ach ja, de ervaring die wij hiervoor terug hebben gekregen is onbetaalbaar :biggrin:!