Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[help] issue with bluetooth and Huawei

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I need some help.
I just bought a new phone: Huawei P30 pro with latest Android. I moved all configuration from my old phone (Huawei P10) to the new one with the Huawei tool. Everything is fine, and the phone connects via bluetooth to the car BUT the car doesn't show the calendar anymore. It pops-up a window asking to change the settings on my phone so that the car can access the calendar, but after more than 1 hour looking in any possible config menu on the phone I can't find the right setting to make it work.
Any help would be terribly appreciated.
TIA

PS just to be clear: any other bluetooth function is working flawlessly (calls, contacts, music)

Thank you for your suggestion, I just unpaired and re-paired, but with the same result.
I'm using the native Huawei calendar app, configured to connect to my account on the company's Exchange Server.
It's the very same configuration that was on my P10 and working.

If you haven't done so then the obvious is to reboot both car and phone but whether that will work is to be seen. the other dat-but-might-work option is to reconnect your old phone and see if that givs you the contact list then unpair it. reboot car and the pair with the new phone since there is an implcation that car's contacts is still hunting for the old link.

Reactions: f205v
Thank you for the suggestion.
I obviously already re-booted both car and phone.
I also had a software update in the car (from 2019.12.1. to 2019.28.3.1), rebooted the car, and still the same problem. Unpaired. rebooted, repaired and still the problem.
Unfortunately I do not have the old phone anymore, so can make the test you suggest.

I'm convinced that the problem is in the phone and not in the car. Probably there is some hidden setting in P30 or Android that is preventing the calendar from being accessed by the car.

This may sound really stupid and obvious, but have you checked the Calendar Sync toggle on the app's settings?

The toggle usually comes off by default during first install.

20190822_120212.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to dig up an old thread but this was a sanity saver for me too, I just got the same Huawei P30 Pro phone a few weeks ago and this calendar issue has been really annoying. I too assumed it was the phone but no, it's that setting in the Tesla app.
FWIW I am using the Google Calendar on my P30 Pro and the sync works between the phone and car no problem (with that setting changed).