Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

help me out here folks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this really the policy? What is your source?

I can definitely say they are NOT disclosing a policy like this when the vehicles are being auctioned at Manheim. If they're selling them at Manheim with features and then taking them away, that is very dishonest and Manheim will go to bat for those dealers (I suspect).

Policy is that if you purchase it through a non-Tesla dealer, they will remove the free supercharging.
If you purchase it from a private party, it should transfer.

Is this really the policy? What is your source?

I can definitely say they are NOT disclosing a policy like this when the vehicles are being auctioned at Manheim. If they're selling them at Manheim with features and then taking them away, that is very dishonest and Manheim will go to bat for those dealers (I suspect).

Source is probably the reports of users.

I for one have a Model 3 Performance (purchased Dec 2019) that I have the spec sheet that Tesla sold it to the auction house with (includes Enhanced Autopilot). This spec sheet was direct from the Tesla Service Center. When I purchased the car from the dealer that bought it at auction, it then had Basic Autopilot (EAP removed). So somewhere along the line they removed EAP from the original car configuration.

Tesla refuses to re-add EAP in my case because all I have is their internal printout, nothing official that shows that they sold it to the auction house with EAP. I'm considering a BBB complaint at this time, as I feel that even if the issue is not resolved, it will be something that will be reference-able for future buyers.

Reactions: MIT_S60
Policy is that if you purchase it through a non-Tesla dealer, they will remove the free supercharging.
If you purchase it from a private party, it should transfer.
This is NOT true. I keep seeing this echoed on this forum and not one person can produce anything in terms of proof. I really wish people would stop echoing things they "read" w/o doing a single bit of research themselves.

Whenever I see people post this I ask for proof and only once has someone even attempted to link to something backing up their claim. That link was to a 3rd party blog post by a well-known EV/Tesla blogger but made ZERO mention of 3rd party dealerships. Literally. I searched for the term "dealership" and not once did they even type the word.

Not sure how people draw such crazy conclusions and then report it here as fact and then others latch onto that and parrot it matter-of-factly as if it's just widely known.

The ONLY way Tesla can remove FUSC is if they take the car in on trade themselves and then resell it to another private owner. Period.

Even that is questionable from a legal standpoint but they're sure doing it under the guise of it being a new contractual agreement from new owner and Tesla. The original agreement that traveled with the car for FUSC and data should stay with that car but that court case has yet to come around returning this to all cars Tesla promised this on. Until that happens we're left with the fact that they're removing FUSC from cars they take on trade and then resell. They're not currently doing it through any other channels nor can they.

I understand what you’re saying.

but if I was in the market for a used Tesla, I wouldn’t take that chance buying it from a 3rd party dealer.
Maybe tesla won’t remove Free SC.... but what if they do.... it’s something that can’t be added like autopilot. To some, FUSC might not be worth much, but to others like myself, it’s mandatory.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ostrichsak
I understand what you’re saying.

but if I was in the market for a used Tesla, I wouldn’t take that chance buying it from a 3rd party dealer.
Maybe tesla won’t remove Free SC.... but what if they do.... it’s something that can’t be added like autopilot. To some, FUSC might not be worth much, but to others like myself, it’s mandatory.
Chance? What chance are you taking? Some random person posted on a forum so that's a chance? What if I said that all used cars bought from anyone (private party or 3rd party dealer) other than Tesla directly after 12/31/2019 wouldn't include app access anymore? What if I said that ALL used cars bought directly from Tesla after 1/1/2020 would have regenerative braking w/o a $5/mo premium after a 6-month trial period? It shouldn't matter because this is all made up and isn't based on reality just like what the other person posted.

This is why the spreading of FUD from people who have no idea what they're talking about is annoying. For all we know it, someone from Tesla planted that info on the forums a while back to make it seem risky to anyone reading it. Then, a few people took that info and ran with it across several threads eventually making it seem like it's a fact or, at the best least, risky. Like suddenly you're taking a "chance" on buying a car from a 3rd party dealer as it may not include FUSC.

Buying a used car (of any brand) from a 3rd party dealership is a very risky proposition for numerous reasons. None of which should involve FUSC however.

On this site

you’re not worth my time to go and search

are you a 3rd party dealer or something? You seem butthurt
I'm not worth your time? ROFL Spoken like someone who now knows they're wrong.

I'm not a 3rd party dealer... just an owner who's tired of people spouting BS as facts hoping nobody checks them on it.

You come in here and try to impress us all with how smart you are when in reality you're absolutely wrong and have zero proof to back up your claim. Understandable though since it's so hard to find proof of something that's false. And you seemed SO sure of this information too. How sad. Maybe in the future you can refrain from offering up something you heard once as "facts" when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Posts like yours are exactly why so many people who come here to learn something are confused by these topics.

If you don't know, just don't post.

"It's better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

• Funny
Reactions: Zorg
I'm not worth your time? ROFL Spoken like someone who now knows they're wrong.

I'm not a 3rd party dealer... just an owner who's tired of people spouting BS as facts hoping nobody checks them on it.

You come in here and try to impress us all with how smart you are when in reality you're absolutely wrong and have zero proof to back up your claim. Understandable though since it's so hard to find proof of something that's false. And you seemed SO sure of this information too. How sad. Maybe in the future you can refrain from offering up something you heard once as "facts" when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Posts like yours are exactly why so many people who come here to learn something are confused by these topics.

If you don't know, just don't post.

"It's better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

yeah. Your definitely hurt

lol

when did I ever claim to be smart?

I said I wouldn’t buy from a 3rd party if there is a chance of FUSC being removed. I didn’t tell anyone else to not buy from a 3rd party dealer.

I read a lot on this forum and I’ve came across a few threads with the mention of FUSC being removed. Like I said you ain’t worth my time to go back and search for these threads. I’m not trying to prove a point here....

except the fact that your feelings are hurt. Cry me a River.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Ostrichsak