Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

help me out here folks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I went looking for new to me tesla yesterday and found a post refresh 2016 P100d at a non tesla dealer here in Colorado. went I wanted to drive it but the charge was very low. The dealer is just across the highway from the Loveland supercharger, so we took it there and charged it. after the charging session the charging screen showed a balance due and needed to add a new form of payment on file. that struck me as odd. do car loose there free supercharging after being sold now? my first tesla is a 2012 S85 that I bought a few years ago and it has free SC even though I am the second owner.

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT
No it’s not, it’s a used vehicle with a previous accident.
Here’s another used model s with free supercharging
2016 Model S | Tesla
Indeed, I think it's not a blanket statement that every car returned to Tesla and resold would have FUSC removed - just that Tesla has been exercising the option to remove it before they resell it, and they have done so on a lot of their used vehicles. I think for the case you bring up above it makes sense for Tesla to leave FUSC on it, as I would think that leaving that option on the car allows them to charge a premium price for that build. P90DL is more premium, but since it's a 2016 I guess that allows them to ask for such a high price, rather than remove it. So I would say for this particular car, they chose not to remove it, perhaps in order to fetch the highest price possible.

Any verification this car went back through Tesla before the dealership? There was another thread on this and they are definitely taking FUSC away pertaining to the "life of the car" and I believe a few of the 'new' owners stated it never went back to Tesla.