Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! My wife is stealing my 3P+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife isn't really a car person. She hates my BMW i3 when she has to drive it (she has a Clarity PHEV). Usually if I ask to switch cars for the day I get complaints. My commute might grow much longer and I suggested that we switch cars, and that I drive the Clarity PHEV and she could drive the i3 (the Clarity being better for a long commute). She told me no. I order the Model 3, what does she do? She suggested we change cars and she drive the Model 3 for her short commute and me drive the Clarity for the long commute ;) I suspect it will be 2 Tesla's once we are done with the Clarity...
Sounds like you have too many cars anyway.

Man, the detailing we had done on the Honda improved my odds. That 2007 black Accord has been flawless for like 150k miles, it drives fine, and it's got leather seats and a nice interior in great shape, but the paint was so sad. After they took serious power tools to the finish, and now that I'm adding some of that black pigmented Wax, the Accord now looks so damned black glisten de-luxe that it fetches looks. So she's not unhappy driving it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Evoforce
Sounds just like my story. My wife didn't care about cars, Tesla or electric vehicles one bit. I bought our 3 in October of last year and about a month in, she started using the kids as an excuse for her to confiscate the car. "It's too cold out for the kids, so we need your car which can warm up in the garage." "I feel safer in your car with the kids because the other car's brakes don't stop as well." Fast forward 3 months and she's driving her own used Model S.

We were driving around this evening and my wife says, "I think my next car will be a Tesla, maybe I could have yours and you could get a new one". I spent a lot of time looking at cars for myself and picked the 3P+. It's the first car I've bought for myself since my 300ZX-TT way back in 1991 ... that I donated in the mid 2000s! All our new cars since then were for her and our daughter (I always want them to have the most reliable vehicles so took their hand-me-downs). She continued on, "I know they have the Y coming out next year ... but I like this car". We are in uncharted territory here ...