TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

HELP: New owner - Ability to keep the car in high suspension setting?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by ifung90, Oct 19, 2015.

1. ifung90

ifung90 Member

Hi guys,

I tried searching but no one has an answer but mostly just when the setting "changes" back to default.

I want to know if there's a way to set it such that the car will STAY in "high setting" while driving at any speed.

I am lowering the car on suspension links this week and my body kit will be quite close to the floor at the "Standard setting" so when I have 5 passengers and baggages, it'd be very nice to have the setting stay in high!

If anyone has figured out a way, that'd be great!

Thanks!
    Ian

2. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

The car has speed thresholds that disallow high or very high settings. Very High is not allowable at speeds greater than 25mph and the car will auto lower to the next level. I think the High threshold is probably 35 or 40mph. You can test it and report back!

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I do not think that is possible.
    I suggest you consider what you are planning to do very carefully before implementing that suspension modification. If the underbody of the car sustains damage because it has been excessively lowered you may regret your modification.
    Your car, your decision.

4. linkster

linkster Member

+1 !!

...and, depending on the amount that you "dump" your car, you may exceed the acceptable half-shaft to hub allowable drive angle thus causing premature $1,800 hub failure. No worries though on the extra passenger and luggage payload since the SAS will maintain the selected ride height.

Good Luck!

5. ifung90

ifung90 Member

thanks for the heads up.

I'm having the car set at one finger gap as standard height at the moment. I've always driven very low and high HP car.