Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HELP: New owner - Ability to keep the car in high suspension setting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I tried searching but no one has an answer but mostly just when the setting "changes" back to default.

I want to know if there's a way to set it such that the car will STAY in "high setting" while driving at any speed.

I am lowering the car on suspension links this week and my body kit will be quite close to the floor at the "Standard setting" so when I have 5 passengers and baggages, it'd be very nice to have the setting stay in high!

If anyone has figured out a way, that'd be great!

Thanks!
Ian

The car has speed thresholds that disallow high or very high settings. Very High is not allowable at speeds greater than 25mph and the car will auto lower to the next level. I think the High threshold is probably 35 or 40mph. You can test it and report back!

I want to know if there's a way to set it such that the car will STAY in "high setting" while driving at any speed.
I do not think that is possible.
I suggest you consider what you are planning to do very carefully before implementing that suspension modification. If the underbody of the car sustains damage because it has been excessively lowered you may regret your modification.
Your car, your decision.

I do not think that is possible.
I suggest you consider what you are planning to do very carefully before implementing that suspension modification. If the underbody of the car sustains damage because it has been excessively lowered you may regret your modification.
Your car, your decision.

+1 !!

...and, depending on the amount that you "dump" your car, you may exceed the acceptable half-shaft to hub allowable drive angle thus causing premature $1,800 hub failure. No worries though on the extra passenger and luggage payload since the SAS will maintain the selected ride height.

Good Luck!