Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help. Placed order and I'M TOO EXCITED

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMFG, I remember breathing Tesla waiting to receive my second hand MS in 2015 from the other coast. I even called the shipping company to alert the truck was camping out at a private residence in Colorado, then got a call from trucker himself asking "How would you know dude?" To which I replied "Take the phone off your ear and listen!" and activated the horn via app , he about freaked out and started getting paranoid, toilet cam and all:)

Reactions: Phlier
It's hard to contain the excitement. I wound up checking that order tracking spreadsheet multiple times a day, and searching the code for my vin. At the end of the day, Tesla is usually pretty accurate with the estimates. I was hoping they purposely made it sound longer so you'd be pleasantly surprised getting the car earlier- nope! It was pretty much spot on with their estimate.

As far as passing the time, buy stuff. There is no shortage of stuff- both junk and useful items that you can buy. Abstract Ocean is a good place to start. They sell all of it, and their customer service is great. Get your charging situation figured out, and perhaps installed. (I have the Tesla wall charger and found it to be well worth the price.)

Also, bug your SA. (They must all think we're children. "Are we there yet?")

Yeah, I have no idea what their matching process is but refreshed 3 deliveries/ VINs are starting to pop up in USA.

This person on reddit ordered on 18th and received VIN.

Model 3 Refresh Delivery Date : TeslaModel3
Do you have any idea if changing my delivery location from Fremont to Fresno would delay my delivery? It didn't give me the option when I ordered to get it delivered locally, but my sales advisor says it is available now, I am not sure if I want to risk delaying it any further.

Do you have any idea if changing my delivery location from Fremont to Fresno would delay my delivery? It didn't give me the option when I ordered to get it delivered locally, but my sales advisor says it is available now, I am not sure if I want to risk delaying it any further.
I have no idea.

I was able to change mine from SR+ to LR and was told that it wouldn't affect my delivery estimate. Probably worth asking before you do.

Saw a note in the 2021 M3P Waiting Room thread from a guy in Toronto that he’s received his VIN and delivery date. He was pretty deep into his delivery window....but I’m hoping it’s still a good sign that cars are starting to land! I think that’s the first North American Performance I’ve seen a date on...

Really want to have this car for Thanksgiving! Fingers crossed.

Also...took the advice of some others last night and ordered something for the car. The 240v wall charger with an 18’ cable is on the way. Started reconfiguring the garage yesterday....so I’ll be able to park the car in there. Once it gets here, I’ll have to find an electrician to come hook it up for me.

Whoa! A fellow citizen! Who did you vote for in the Imperator election? Addison all the way :p

Star Citizens are good at waiting

I've been bad about playing lately. Way too busy with work. I didn't even vote in the Imperator elections, nor have I been doing much testing despite being Evocati.

The Tesla Model 3 in white reminds me of an Origin ship! :) Glad to meet a fellow Citizen!

We Citizens are good at waiting. It's been 5 years since I started playing the alpha. Going on six. We're also quite good with early-release software, though I didn't spring for FSD. :D

• Love
Reactions: Saturday
Got a text saying they expect my car to be ready in 3-7 weeks. Here's hoping it's pulled in from there. I'd really like to have the car for Thanksgiving.....

Still...was excited for a second there.....
I got one saying 2-5 weeks but was hoping I'd get it sometime this week.

Wish they'd give a smaller window so we know what to expect. I'd much rather them tell me to expect it 4 weeks from now or whatever rather than 2-5 weeks. And even that is subject to change.

I got one saying 2-5 weeks but was hoping I'd get it sometime this week.

Wish they'd give a smaller window so we know what to expect. I'd much rather them tell me to expect it 4 weeks from now or whatever rather than 2-5 weeks. And even that is subject to change.
I got one saying 5-7 weeks, which makes no sense I ordered the first week of October and people ordered after me get theirs sooner :(

I got one saying 5-7 weeks, which makes no sense I ordered the first week of October and people ordered after me get theirs sooner :(
I ordered SR+ on October 2nd and then changed to LR on October 14... I assume they're still building SR+'s right now with LR coming next.

Definitely frustrating seeing others get theirs first but don't think I've seen a LR order get a VIN yet. Only SR's...

I ordered SR+ on October 2nd and then changed to LR on October 14... I assume they're still building SR+'s right now with LR coming next.

Definitely frustrating seeing others get theirs first but don't think I've seen a LR order get a VIN yet. Only SR's...

Based on my original delivery estimate, it was projected anywhere in the next 5 weeks to arrive. But now they are saying an estimate after 5 weeks, and potentially up to 7. I think I am going to call my sales advisor to talk to him about this as by then my loan approval will no longer be good.

Based on my original delivery estimate, it was projected anywhere in the next 5 weeks to arrive. But now they are saying an estimate after 5 weeks, and potentially up to 7. I think I am going to call my sales advisor to talk to him about this as by then my loan approval will no longer be good.
Yeah, that's tough. My loan approval already expired and now I'm thinking to just wait until I actually get a VIN before re-applying.

Will most likely get approved again but definitely an extra hassle.

I saw in another thread that they build from the bottom up on the scale. Gagan is in the mid-tier and I'm at the top....kind expecting to get pushed a bit. Was really hoping to get the car to take on a Thanksgiving Road Trip....but I'm not thinking that's going to happen at this point.

I saw in another thread that they build from the bottom up on the scale. Gagan is in the mid-tier and I'm at the top....kind expecting to get pushed a bit. Was really hoping to get the car to take on a Thanksgiving Road Trip....but I'm not thinking that's going to happen at this point.
All the initial excitement is turning into sadness the longer I have to wait :(

I heard same thing though that they usually make SR's first. Also heard California gets them last so if that's true, pushes me back more.