Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help save spider stuck inside rear quarter driver's side tail lamp :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to free a spider that managed to get himself stuck INSIDE the driver's side rear quarter tail lamp where the charge port is? He's still alive but don't know for how long...

Is there any way for me to remove him? Anyone else had this issue and figure out a resolution?

Spider.JPG

Does anyone have any ideas on how to free a spider that managed to get himself stuck INSIDE the driver's side rear quarter tail lamp where the charge port is? He's still alive but don't know for how long...

Is there any way for me to remove him? Anyone else had this issue and figure out a resolution?

View attachment 529010
I have one as well in the exact same spot but I got my car with it in there already and it was dead.

That is a brown recluse, it will kill you if it bites you. Just sayin...

It's probably not a brown recluse. That would be well outside of the habitat area of the spider, and they only appear outside those ranges when transported, so they are rare. It doesn't quite look like the abdomen of a recluse, but I can't see it clearly from the picture.

It also most likely won't kill you if it bites you. The bites can be serious, but brown recluse are not particularly aggressive.

Brown recluse spider - Wikipedia

Really? I didn't realize they travel as far away as Maryland.

The poor thing is still trapped in there. Is there no way for me to remove him before he becomes a dead spider carcass?

Anyone know of any effective ways to banish spiders from a garage?
You could get some liquid food for the spider and inject it using a small needle from the side. Feed it daily until it dies of old age or until you have an accident which breaks the plastic. ;)

Okay so while you were all making fun of the spider, he's now dead! :p:eek:

So what are my options for getting the spider out of the the lamp fixture? It is fairly large so I wonder how it got in there. Is there a way to get inside the lamp housing from where the charge port is?