Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HELP, stuck at a supercharger with 5 people and it's not charging!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I need help. At a supercharger with 5 other people needing to come back from a road trip. 8 Miles to empty and the car isn't supercharging. The light on the charge port is green and blinking fast. The dash says "supercharging, 1 hour left" but it has been at 8 miles remaining for almost a half hour. It says charging at a rate of 3 miles per hour, voltage is high but amps are at 0. It's weird, the amps will rise from 0 to about 35 quickly, stay for a second then go back down to 0. I tried other stations at this charger and other people were here so it isn't the location. Thoughts? No Tesla centers are around HELP PLZ :)

Hey guys, I need help. At a supercharger with 5 other people needing to come back from a road trip. 8 Miles to empty and the car isn't supercharging. The light on the charge port is green and blinking fast. The dash says "supercharging, 1 hour left" but it has been at 8 miles remaining for almost a half hour. It says charging at a rate of 3 miles per hour, voltage is high but amps are at 0. It's weird, the amps will rise from 0 to about 35 quickly, stay for a second then go back down to 0. I tried other stations at this charger and other people were here so it isn't the location. Thoughts? No Tesla centers are around HELP PLZ :)

What are the conditions like where you are? What had you been doing with the car right before? I've read in the past about something sorta similar happening when the car had to heat or cool the battery before it could safely charge.

Did you encounter the same problem like me?

Very frustration, I was intend to record a S60 charging from 4%-100%, but fails because of charging problem

Last edited:
When it happened to me in CT last weekend, Tesla asked me to shut down the car from the screen instead of rebooting. It worked. It was blinking green with 0 AMPS. 2 minutes after the car was turned on it started charging normally. it was not immediate.

Temperature was 100. Was driving for about 2 hours from NH.

When it happened to me in CT last weekend, Tesla asked me to shut down the car from the screen instead of rebooting. It worked. It was blinking green with 0 AMPS. 2 minutes after the car was turned on it started charging normally. it was not immediate.

Temperature was 100. Was driving for about 2 hours from NH.

How do you shut down the car from the screen? To all: I posted twice because I was desperate. What ended up happening is that it started charging but after 45 minutes. Not sure what happened. I was still on hold with tesla so I just hung up.

I have experienced something similar. It went to full voltage, started to increase amperage, but then decreased back to zero. I switched to another stall. I'm starting to think many of the connectors are getting corroded or dirty. This could explain many of the complaints about "throttling" in CA.