Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HepaKing alpine rear speaker install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaker upgrade round #2️⃣

Front soundstage clarity sounded so good I decided to upgrade the rear immediately. My sound preference is offseting the sound fade slightly moreso to the rear so when volume is up that it fills the cabin equal to the front. Similar to home system audiophile setups.

Rear door speakers are plastic welded so the 3 welds need to be dremel or drilled out. The carbon speakers can actually be seen through the oem grills in the doors and rear hatch. 👌The rear hatch speakers are mounted to the hatch cover but accessed through the grills (which are slot tabbed bent from the back).

Absolutely happy with this setup now.
(1) 8” alpine type S sub, (2) 10” NVX subs (7) alpine mids, (2) alpine tweeters, and (2) alpine woofers.

Only thing left is A pillar speakers (immersive sound activated) but i personally leave that setting off bc it makes the music sound very “hollow”. Possibly upgrading later 😏

IMG_8345.jpeg
IMG_8346.jpeg
IMG_8347.jpeg
IMG_8348.jpeg
IMG_8349.jpeg
IMG_8350.jpeg
IMG_8352.jpeg

Nice, you're from the DFW area too. I've been looking at possibly doing a speaker upgrade to my Model 3 as well. I was considering ordering the brackets from hepaking and buying the new alpine component system from either BestBuy or switching over to a focal speaker system. How difficult would you say it was and how long did it take you?

Nice, you're from the DFW area too. I've been looking at possibly doing a speaker upgrade to my Model 3 as well. I was considering ordering the brackets from hepaking and buying the new alpine component system from either BestBuy or switching over to a focal speaker system. How difficult would you say it was and how long did it take you?
It’s pretty easy if you follow their YT video on installation. I hope you know how to solder bc speakers bought here you’ll need to wire them with the tesla connectors

Speaker upgrade round #2️⃣

Front soundstage clarity sounded so good I decided to upgrade the rear immediately. My sound preference is offseting the sound fade slightly moreso to the rear so when volume is up that it fills the cabin equal to the front. Similar to home system audiophile setups.

Rear door speakers are plastic welded so the 3 welds need to be dremel or drilled out. The carbon speakers can actually be seen through the oem grills in the doors and rear hatch. 👌The rear hatch speakers are mounted to the hatch cover but accessed through the grills (which are slot tabbed bent from the back).

Absolutely happy with this setup now.
(1) 8” alpine type S sub, (2) 10” NVX subs (7) alpine mids, (2) alpine tweeters, and (2) alpine woofers.

Only thing left is A pillar speakers (immersive sound activated) but i personally leave that setting off bc it makes the music sound very “hollow”. Possibly upgrading later 😏

View attachment 955857View attachment 955858View attachment 955860View attachment 955861View attachment 955862View attachment 955863View attachment 955864
Thanks for sharing. This post is def pushing me to purchase. May I ask:

How did you get them to let you purchase the rear hatch pair? Did you have to remove the rear hatch panel or can be screwed/plugged through the slits?