Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Her new home!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here she is! Just arrived at home yesterday! So excited! Drove her from San Jose/Freemont area to Las Vegas last night. Long drive but had fun at all the supercharger stations!
20170924_113846.jpg

Congrats, Ghosty! I'm jealous of the long trip you got to take right off the bat. Mine is scheduled for delivery on September 30th but I'm only going to have possession of it for about 5 minutes as I'll be driving it across the street right away to the detailer who will be hanging on to it for 3-4 days to do ceramic paint protection, paint protection film and window tinting. Argh, those last few days are going to be the worst, after waiting 75 days for delivery, so I'll have to live vicariously through forum members like you in the mean time. Tell us more about your car and your first trip! :)

P.S. When you said "new home" I thought you were talking about renovating your garage. I had mine renovated a couple of weeks ago with a fresh coat of paint, cabinets and organizational hook system and a nice epoxy floor in anticipation of the new car and I can't wait to park my new baby in there! Hopefully it will be easier to keep my black car cleaner in the new garage. My HPWC is also connected and ready to go...just need a car to plug it into!

Michael

Last edited:
Isn't she a beauty? That color was my preferred choice, but since the inventory deal was more appealing I betrayed it for a pearly white instead :) Congratulations and enjoy!

Thank you! She is a beauty indeed. Interestingly, my initial preference was for a pearl white with pano. Such a clean look. After seeing a few Midnight Greys in person - the color grew on me. More so when you combined it with the Midnight Grey Turbine 21" wheels. Such an intimidating look.

Awesome & Congrats. I love it when new owners post new Tesla pics and are excited. I am excited for you as well! Enjoy the ride!
You will never go back to a ice vehicle again.

Thank you! And I agree - having this ride for a day - no turning back to ICE. An impossible scenario. This vehicle truly works wonders on the human psyche. It really shocks the conscious. It awakens something new in you...so drastic that your driving experience just isn't the same. Your driving truly is revolutionized after driving this masterpiece.

Congrats, Ghosty! I'm jealous of the long trip you got to take right off the bat. Mine is scheduled for delivery on September 30th but I'm only going to have possession of it for about 5 minutes as I'll be driving it across the street right away to the detailer who will be hanging on to it for 3-4 days to do ceramic paint protection, paint protection film and window tinting. Argh, those last few days are going to be the worst, after waiting 75 days for delivery, so I'll have to live vicariously through forum members like you in the mean time. Tell us more about your car and your first trip! :)

P.S. When you said "new home" I thought you were talking about renovating your garage. I had mine renovated a couple of weeks ago with a fresh coat of paint, cabinets and organizational hook system and a nice epoxy floor in anticipation of the new car and I can't wait to park my new baby in there! Hopefully it will be easier to keep my black car cleaner in the new garage. My HPWC is also connected and ready to go...just need a car to plug it into!

Michael

The trip was amazing Michael. The dashboard system provided us the route with super charger information - location/distance and even updated information on current use/availability of stations. Attached, I'll post a pic of a FedEx employee - in my opinion, intentionally blocking the view of Super Chargers in Primm Nevada.

I agree with you - the last few days before you get your car will be the most daunting. Your entire day will be consumed with Tesla talk/ideas/reading/visiting this site, etc. lol You really learn a lot!

By the way, I'm already looking into a clear bra. You are doing good by having it detailed immediately after purchase. You won't regret it. It is definitely the right choice. They may have to fight you to give it up for another few days - but it is a wise choice on your part. :D

How'd you NOT get stuck paying California sales tax? I wanted to do that, but didn't want to pay BOTH Calif and Colorado taxes.

Good question. Private party sales make that a moot issue. However, I did purchase my Mercedes from Littleton, CO. Littleton, CO MB dealer collected the tax on behalf of NV b/c that is where I intended on registering the vehicle

With regard to dealerships in CA - if you pick up the vehicle in CA - it appears you may be hit with a tax twice. (CA and your State - varies by state) The disposition with out of state residents buying dealer vehicles in CA is all over the map as far as taxes. Some people suggest arranging for a car drop-off outside the state. It is difficult to say what to expect - given that even dealerships appear to not consistently apply the sales tax rules.

Nice detail painting your curb Tesla red ;)

lol - Las Vegas is congested with associations. They love having a lot of rules.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats Ghosty! I hope to add another Model S to the Vegas area in about a month or so!
Thanks Buster! Much appreciated! You may see me around town - just look for the plates "Ghosty." lol We need more Model S's around town - and a couple more superchargers. I'll post some new pics once I get the TST 20" Metallic Grey wheels (still not definitive on that choice - but I love the Dark Grey wheel combination with the color of my ride).