Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here's what September will bring to Model 3 ordering...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since they have two variants (AWD/P) which are not that significantly different from line config and with significant backlog still, why the hck they can't do 100% AWD+P batches for a while.. why beg folks who haven't ordered yet when making the folks waiting for 3-4 months irritated and frustrated with their every #$$# move. Doesnt make sense as like anything with Tesla does anyway.. both in good and bad ways :)

That is all about parts. It takes 3 to 6 months to change the production of parts that are on order. If they immediately changed to 100% AWD and P, then they would run out of AWD and P parts and have extra RWD parts setting in the warehouse.

So it is required to build the models that have been planned until the parts orders are changed for the future build mix.

That is all about parts. It takes 3 to 6 months to change the production of parts that are on order. If they immediately changed to 100% AWD and P, then they would run out of AWD and P parts and have extra RWD parts setting in the warehouse.

So it is required to build the models that have been planned until the parts orders are changed for the future build mix.

Got it.. classic underestimation (on the AWD side) and over estimation (on the RWD side) I guess.

Out of curiosity, outside of the one additional front motor and the harness associated with "Dual Motors" are there any significant difference between the two variants ? I saw P version has different parts to improve braking etc in addition to better motor for back.

Geeze, opening up SR standard interior orders before the end of the quarter could bring in over $200M in cash overnight. $35,000 - $7,500 tax credit cars would sell like absolute MAD.

My only fear is that they can't do it profitably without premium upgrades and at least EAP.

With extending the immediate delivery of LR RWD to existing reservation holders sitting on the fence, Tesla may be toying with the idea that they can get $7,500 for sure to reduce the overall cost impact.. so may be thinking to get some x% out from the waiters with the new move. I bet they might change the "delivery" timeframe from within 4 weeks to immediate on Monday in the studio.

Since they have two variants (AWD/P) which are not that significantly different from line config and with significant backlog still, why the hck they can't do 100% AWD+P batches for a while.. why beg folks who haven't ordered yet when making the folks waiting for 3-4 months irritated and frustrated with their every #$$# move. Doesnt make sense as like anything with Tesla does anyway.. both in good and bad ways :)
I assume this is due to lack of components in sufficient quantity (front motors for example, or white seats).

Here we go, right on schedule...
Market Chatter: Tesla Seen Readying Model 3s for European Launch
Print
7:36 AM 9/25/2018 - MT Newswires
07:36 AM EDT, 09/25/2018 (MT Newswires) -- Tesla (TSLA) has started producing of a few European Model 3 vehicles, in preparation for the expansion of its market there, Electrek reported Tuesday.The European and North American Model 3 versions are similar, except for the charging port and some small differences to pass the European homologation process. These small changes, according to the report, delayed the Model 3's European launch, but Electrek cited registration of VIN numbers as evidence Tesla is now gearing up for the launch.(Market Chatter news is derived from conversations with market professionals globally. This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed.)

I don’t think Tesla will have a demand problem with any cars they can deliver by the end of the year. The tens of thousands of Model 3 appearing across the country will stimulate new orders from people who have hardly heard of Tesla. When they find out the tax credit drops by $3500 January 1 many on the fence will pull the trigger. New demand levers will be needed After each drop in the US tax credit.

I don’t think Tesla will have a demand problem with any cars they can deliver by the end of the year. The tens of thousands of Model 3 appearing across the country will stimulate new orders from people who have hardly heard of Tesla. When they find out the tax credit drops by $3500 January 1 many on the fence will pull the trigger. New demand levers will be needed After each drop in the US tax credit.
Agreed. I knew no one with a Tesla and I now have two friends asking questions after I got Lucy. One a current EV owner and the other a an old ICE.