Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hey from Miami

What color AWD LR?

• White

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Blue

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there,

Soon to be Tesla owner here in South Florida. I'm in the OCD portion of the buying process currently, having just decided that going for a new AWD LR is the way for me vs. a used RWD LR. Now it's down to just color!

Just a couple of concerns on ownership really for me. One is charging, I'm in a condo building and there's a for now a CT4000 chargepoint charger that's shared. The building office tells me I'd only be the third EV owner so access shouldn't be too bad, but I'm worried with more cars coming in at their ability to add more charge points. I'm close to a SuperCharger, but I've heard that's not healthy for the battery on a regular basis. I won't have charging at work.

Two and this is much more minor, the all glass roof. In any car that I've had with a sun roof, I'd never open in in day time (the shade) as I find the sun blasting on the top of my scalp very bothersome. How effective is the tint and is the Tesla sunshade effective at really blocking out the worst?

Anyways, looking forward to EV ownership and digging through the massive amount of info here!

are you commuting? how many miles are you expecting to put on a day?

the sunroof does get hot. Fair warning. Best thing you can do is cool down the car for about 30 mins before getting in if it has been baking in the sun. once cooled down, its not bad.

Yes, I have about a 35 mile commute (total). So average daily would be just over that averaging in some side trips.

It's not so much the high cabin temp. after parking that gets me just the sun coming through while driving.I'll have to look around at some shade options, but I'm sure I can find something that'll work for me.

Welcome! I found that the sunroof does get hot, but it absorbs or reflects most of it. Since I'm not that tall (5'9) and my head doesn't get so close to the roof, it seems to do a great job and I barely feel the heat at all even in sunny Southern California.

Welcome! Did you take delivery yet?

Yup, and loving it! A new LR RWD came into inventory with 300 miles on it and I grabbed it. Blue with the 19" wheels. A discount and I managed to get in on the 2 years free Supercharging.

The roof, as expected, has proven to be a bit too hot for me. I ordered the Tesla roof shades and they've helped. Next step will be tinting the windows. I just haven't had the time for that as I been busy with work and now family in town for a visit. I think with a full tint I'll be much more comfortable. Either way half of my commute is at night anyway.

Charging so far hasn't proven to be an issue with it available when I've needed it. I'm not charging daily (started another thread on that, controversy, I know.) but every other day or so.

The only think now is I don't have regular access to WiFi either where I park at work or home. So to get the latest navigation update (nothing on V10 yet for me) I had to connect to my phone and the download took quite long to finish.

Otherwise, very, very happy so far!