Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hey Tesla, ditch the (bleep) V9 software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ED8CC478-E892-47C9-AB12-7121FDDDE34D.jpeg
Here’s the White House comment on the V9 release.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: neroden and GreenT
Why use more words when few says it all?

Ok, here's more.. Tesla is really going downhill fast on software, again. I am worried. I am losing function and usability with each release. By design or by error the UI is seriously falling apart. The potty mouth in me wants to say it's cr*p.

There was a point in time in the past with V7, I think, where we saw this mandness of patching, things were falling apart then too. Something happened that caused Tesla to snap out of it and things got out of that downward spiral. They need to find that thing again.

Tesla seriously needs to reconsider what it is pushing out these days. A change in software leadership is probably needed. Not the AP stuff, I obviously don't care about or need to comment on that with my S.

v10 is likely to come with the release of feature-complete FSD in about a year, though whether it will much improve over the v9 UI/UX is an open question.

I agree Tesla needs an expert autiste with incipient OCD to oversee their software design/testing, I mean the browser window of arbitrary width/height floating over maps is just an abomination, no substitute for a proper fullscreen. Still, at least it has gotten a lot faster, so there are rays of sunshine!

• Funny
Reactions: neroden
Er, no. It will still need to be coded and tested. Merely incrementing the version number won't get you to V10 functionality (whatever that may be) any faster.

You should know that it doesn't really matter what version number Tesla calls it, and saying 10 is just a way of saying "next".. as in, let's get on with it please, because the current stuff is giving my cat a nervous twitch.

I understand that some of you are having problems with V9 but I haven't seen anyone describe what they are.

The first problem is obvious.. all you have to do is look at it. That's the UI (user interface) part. It's terrible for conveying information, which is its main purpose. The most basic issue with it is ... its all grey and little contrast. Tesla took away color like it was a disease. Nothing stands out anymore, its all lost in a sea of grey. Trying to do anything with the UI while driving takes more time with eyes away from the road.

So, that's not good for a car UI.

somehow along the way, some UI "expert" decided color and 3D were now bad. MS did the same thing to their apps and flattened everything out. Not sure I agree with this strategy. I agree, the Tesla controls do not have much contrast and don't make it easy to navigate as a result.

My biggest problem with their software is the lag. I worry (just like iOS) that they will eventually come out with an update that has to be on the later hardware. Then anyone with gen1 of the processor will be left in the dust.

Why use more words when few says it all?

Ok, here's more.. Tesla is really going downhill fast on software, again. I am worried. I am losing function and usability with each release. By design or by error the UI is seriously falling apart. The potty mouth in me wants to say it's cr*p.

There was a point in time in the past with V7, I think, where we saw this mandness of patching, things were falling apart then too. Something happened that caused Tesla to snap out of it and things got out of that downward spiral. They need to find that thing again.

Tesla seriously needs to reconsider what it is pushing out these days. A change in software leadership is probably needed. Not the AP stuff, I obviously don't care about or need to comment on that with my S.

Yes, the infotainment software leadership at Tesla are undoubtedly completely incompetent and need to be completely replaced. It's been too many years of gross incompetence.