Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Higher value EVs not eligible for £3,000 PiCG (grant) anymore!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Standard plus is full price this morning.
9F58F9E4-A7D9-46B1-809A-AF005AEEFD63.png

I tend to agree. I think a lot of potential customers, especially at the M3 SR+ end will now look elsewhere. Myself for one wouldn’t be able to take another £60/£80 increase a month into the finance now. Gutted 😞
The balloon values are really conservative. One way Tesla could lessen the blow is to reduce the depreciation and hence the cost of PCP. This would of course erode some of the equity building but lower monthly cost

Caution looking at the inventory cars as well - the prices look £3k lower than yesterday (stock 3LR at £44k) , but after you click through to order screen they jump up £3k.

Some kind of coding/database issue, but misleading nevertheless.

The balloon values are really conservative. One way Tesla could lessen the blow is to reduce the depreciation and hence the cost of PCP. This would of course erode some of the equity building but lower monthly cost
There are new HMRC rules on calculation of balloon values ...

If only car manufacturers could "decide" what their depreciation was, I'm sure they'd like that!

Caution looking at the inventory cars as well - the prices look £3k lower than yesterday (stock 3LR at £44k) , but after you click through to order screen they jump up £3k.

Some kind of coding/database issue, but misleading nevertheless.
I saw the £37,490 price and thought I was so lucky, just went straight to order and only noticed on the order email that the price was £40,490 for an inventory. I’m not sure now what to think, is that a good price now for an inventory car considering it essentially saves £3,000?

I saw the £37,490 price and thought I was so lucky, just went straight to order and only noticed on the order email that the price was £40,490 for an inventory. I’m not sure now what to think, is that a good price now for an inventory car considering it essentially saves £3,000?
£3k saving seems decent to me if you can get one for £40k

There are new HMRC rules on calculation of balloon values ...

If only car manufacturers could "decide" what their depreciation was, I'm sure they'd like that!
I did not know that! Currently however HMRC works it out has way way more depreciation than the likely reality - how are HMRC predicting the residuals on EVs in a new market without much historical data?

The OEMs I think would still have to observe market forces because if they set GFV too high then they would have a major issue at the end of the term when everyone hands their car back and they are worth less on the market than they are in stock.

I’m genuinely surprised they just tacked £3k on to both cars.

Thought the LR would go up as there was no incentive for them to keep it below £50k, and there was a big gap between it and the P.

Didn’t think they would increase the price of the SR+ by the full £3k (or at all), simply because there will be people who are stretching themselves to get that one - and presumably Tesla wants those customers?

Demand must still be sky high on these cars that Tesla feels it can do this with impunity.

Yep pretty sad they cut the grant and now Scotland has taken away the interest free loan my M3 purchase is cancelled. Annoyed but not surprised.
Where are you seeing that information about the Scottish EV loan?

In many ways that's a bigger issue for folk here than the £3k grant going away.

EDIT: Just found the info on the EST applications site. Will post on the main thread about it.