Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BUZZ-Tesla jumps on reports from Detroit meeting
12:01 PM ET, 01/17/2018 - Reuters
** Shares in Elon Musk's electric car company up as much as 2.5 pct at $348.15 after meeting with investors at Detroit Auto Show.

** JPM note on meeting cites Tesla head of investment relations Aaron Chew as saying Model 3 production will reach 1,000 per week in January, up from Q4.

** Chew also promises main production bottleneck has been solved and says Tesla has cash to see it through launch as long as Model 3 hits 5,000 units a week by end of Q2.

** Reuters has not heard or seen a copy of the presentation which was given at a private meeting with investors organized by Deutsche Bank. (RM: [email protected])

From my Charles Schwab account

BUZZ-Tesla jumps on reports from Detroit meeting
12:01 PM ET, 01/17/2018 - Reuters
** Shares in Elon Musk's electric car company up as much as 2.5 pct at $348.15 after meeting with investors at Detroit Auto Show.

** JPM note on meeting cites Tesla head of investment relations Aaron Chew as saying Model 3 production will reach 1,000 per week in January, up from Q4.

** Chew also promises main production bottleneck has been solved and says Tesla has cash to see it through launch as long as Model 3 hits 5,000 units a week by end of Q2.

** Reuters has not heard or seen a copy of the presentation which was given at a private meeting with investors organized by Deutsche Bank. (RM: [email protected])

From my Charles Schwab account

Good find.

• Informative
Reactions: 03DSG and Ulmo
Told y'all they weren't at 1000 / week.
This is semantics. They didn't have full week to produce 1000 in 2017, but they reached speeds that could be pro-rated to 1000/wk. Now they can prove they actually can do sustained 1000/wk.

This is not the same as Trump saying he surely didn't say shithole(because he thinks he said shithouse).

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: vinnie97
This is semantics. They didn't have full week to produce 1000 in 2017, but they reached speeds that could be pro-rated to 1000/wk. Now they can prove they actually can do sustained 1000/wk.

This is not the same as Trump saying he surely didn't say shithole(because he said shithouse).

Tesla made a murky statement so people could interpret how they wanted. Many here wrongly interpreted it as that they are producing (by end of 2017) 1000 / wk. That is not true, and probably not true as of today.

Reactions: RTPEV and navguy12
False. Tesla made an explicit statement which some people misinterpreted.
It absolutely was a murky statement I feel. "At the last few days, we produced at a rate which extrapolates to over 1000 cars per week". Yeah OK come on. They probably kept the factory open around the clock to get that. In all of Teslas previous statements, they say something like "we've ended the quarter producing at a consistent run rate of 1000 per week." The quarterly statement came out days after end of quarter, if they were producing CONSISTENTLY at 1000 per week I feel they would have said that rather than use clever words.

Here is another observation. On other threads, a see a lot of activity with vins getting assigned. The surprising part, they're assigning vins in 3xxx range. This doesn't bode well for 1k/week production. My guess is that alcantra actually blocked production and it finally got resolved, hence another round of invites.

Reactions: navguy12
Here is another observation. On other threads, a see a lot of activity with vins getting assigned. The surprising part, they're assigning vins in 3xxx range. This doesn't bode well for 1k/week production. My guess is that alcantra actually blocked production and it finally got resolved, hence another round of invites.
There have been a large number of "stealth" invites where Tesla did not send out an email but you can configure.

Reactions: Ulmo and T-Will