Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland - EDD and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine still says 3-6 weeks
I ordered on the 8th July, EDD has been anything between end of July and 2024 March, the biggest jump between two dates was 4 months. My current EDD is end of December. I don't recommend putting too much trust into Tesla EDDs :)
Agreed. Mine is still saying 3-6 weeks EDD. Its about 3-4 weeks since it changed to that and still no VIN 😂

Order placed : October 17th 2023
Model : M3 LR AWD White exterior, white interior, standard wheels
VIN : Not Assigned
Delivery when placing order : Jan 2024-Feb 2024
EDD after week or so : December 14th - December 31st 2023 (great)
EDD a week later : December 29th - December 31st 2023 (Nice & precise 3 day period)
EDD another week or so later & now : January 9th - March 15th 2024 (WTF!)

Updated to 15th - 30th of November today

For what it is worth: this roughly matches the email I got from a Tesla sales rep saying that the cars were delayed by at least a week to port (got it sometime early this week)
Same here... Had a vacation planned starting the 21st (need car for this), so looks like I will need to cancel it. Unless I get delivery early in the window.

Reactions: x006
Same here... Had a vacation planned starting the 21st (need car for this), so looks like I will need to cancel it. Unless I get delivery early in the window.

In the same boat as you, but mine starts the 4th of Dec so a bit more time :) Hoping to give it ceramic coating before the trip though

Same here as well. My EDD is 4th - 19th December and I have plans for a long road trip from 15th

In the same boat as you, but mine starts the 4th of Dec so a bit more time :) Hoping to give it ceramic coating before the trip though
Hopefully you will make your trip atleast! I hope there won't be another delay now!

I suspect mine will not happen now, but will wait a few more days before I cancel the trip ofc, as there is a ship headed for Drammen loading in Zeebrugge today, so IF mine is on it, maybe (and it's a big maybe) there is enough time for it to be delivered by my trip. I guess we will see, if no sms about delivery date within the next two days, I will have to cancel my trip.

I have 7-21 dec and pickup in Vamdrup so I believe it’s the same ship our cars are on. With this estimate i am not sure if our cars have even left Shanghai yet as cars on Hoegh Trigger have edd 20 nov - 4 dec which is one of the furthest away on the map. Have you checked up with your contact person?
No I haven't checked with my contact person, because my experience is that they don't know anything. (Been through the process before) :D
If our cars should be on Hoegh Trigger, we should be able to do a VIN lookup here VIN Lookup , might be that we first see it when it enters European waters else it's not our ship.

Glovis Champion will arrive in Barcelona around 9th November, and can't be excluded since my first delivery was 21st nov- 5 th dec.
So for early December = Champion, mid/late December = Challenge.

I've had my VIN since monday 30th okt. - Before, people guessed that VIN was assigned around Suez Canal, witch would sort of fit with Champion. But to be honest, it's just a lot of guessing :D

Challenge departed 28th okt from Shanghai (Closest to my VIN assignment)
Trigger departed 25th okt from Shanghai
Champion departed 18th okt from Shanghai

For me all these 3 are in play :)
EDIT: Trigger is not my ship, since i see on the other shipment threads that people are able to find their VIN, I can't fint mine.

Last edited:
Order placed : October 17th 2023
Model : M3 LR AWD White exterior, white interior, standard wheels
VIN : Not Assigned
Delivery when placing order : Jan 2024-Feb 2024
EDD after week or so : December 14th - December 31st 2023 (great)
EDD a week later : December 29th - December 31st 2023 (Nice & precise 3 day period)
EDD another week or so later & now : January 9th - March 15th 2024 (WTF!)
Mine is exactly the same experience except ordered on 19th.

Order placed: 3rd of July
LR white exterior, black interior, standard wheels + winter wheels.
VIN assigned on the 6th October
EDD: 28th of October - 11th of November
Delivery date received: 7th of November
Delivery date planned: 22nd of November

Don’t know who to call and I do not speak Romanian. I am Bulgarian and ordering the car from Romania since it’s only 250km away from me. My correspondence with them was only by email and it was slow and almost non respondent. :(
0316 301 257. Maybe you'll need to use the Romanian prefix (+40). They speak English of course, but you'll have to call after 10AM and the waiting time is pretty high (over 30 minutes). Good luck!