Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland Efficiency

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apropos of nothing but the reason for the superfluous padding is purely to game the YouTube monetisation algorithm, which "prefers" long form videos.
I suppose it viewing time as a whole for the video that bumps up the algorithm. I'll admit to be naughty and sometimes skip parts or to the end part way if im getting a bit bored. No wonder most tend to keep it to the 10 minute mark 😁... At least there is a choice.

Reactions: Durzel
and pretty much what we all knew based on prior cars,

But you are just assuming we are all some sort of elite here. Some of us dont such as me and any new people coming here but Im curious and do enjoy the gathering knowledge because every day is a school day as far as im concerned.

if you think it’s high quality then that’s your choice

I really do not understand your stance to be honest 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: boombap
The comparisons and normally good but there have been many technical inaccuracies in their videos. They, as with many YouTube videos, seem to be twice as long as they need to be to cover the topic and draw a conclusion.
Right but I believe they need to hit about 10 minutes or so for additional advertising revenue. So don’t blame them for that, YouTube pushes them to have longer videos plus to try to keep you on it longer before you flick off.

If you don’t like it you can skip the end where normally the conclusion is or just don’t watch YouTube. Just don’t think it’s fair to hate on them trying to make money from what is effort on their part to make these videos and do these tests.

I’d have said that, in a thread talking about highland efficiency, sharing a link to a video (with the link taking you to the pertinent section) talking about highland efficiency is a worthwhile contribution to the thread even without typing out some of the key data points.

Don't know if was your thread, or a different poster, but I skipped the video on "another long format video" assumption.

Then separately in the thread later there was a point made about the link being direct to the salient point (which was not apparent or I had not realised in the original post)

I'm with @GeorgeSymonds on this. I don't know how the young cope with wading through waffle to get to the meat, my time is more previous to me (and I'd prefer to get my e.g. dietary advice from someone skilled-in-the-art and not a TikTok'r with a billion views, esp. given how easily e.g. Dr Michael Mosley debunks the TikTok'r "science").

YouTubers that I respect, and watch (i.e. the ones I watch more-often-then-not) do shorter form videos when the occasion calls for it, no need for every video to be padded out to 10+ minutes "for the algorithm"; it does no harm to appreciate your audience

Reactions: MrT3 and MrBadger
Don't know if was your thread, or a different poster, but I skipped the video on "another long format video" assumption.
It wasn’t mine - you obviously don’t have the attention span to check that even.

Posting a link to a video about highland efficiency is much more relevant than you and others commenting about the length of a YouTube video. And more relevant than me replying to you talking about it too 😀.