Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit a deer tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your profile says Surrey. Video looks like USA?

Its not my video. Its from a FSD beta tester which is only in the USA at present. Hopefully we all get to benefit from this perception and action in the coming months - its a natural progression from what we already have and possibly doesn't need the regulatory approval that other aspects of FSD will.

Luckily no damage.

A close shave, much hassle avoided. My impact with a stag in October required replacement of the broken off-side headlight, bumper, bonnet and panel over the wheel, taking five weeks. It came in a just shy of £9K, paid by the insurer apart from a substantial excess but without loss of no claim discount. I had to go back a week later for them to reconnect the windscreen washer pump to the pipes and to check whether water in the frunk required adjustment of the seal by the bonnet. It may have been due to a vigorous pre-collection pressure wash, as it stayed dry in the car wash this week. A drive in heavy rain will be diagnostic.

I still have the feeling that the car tried to take avoiding action as the deer jumped out from bushes on the left, but the scope was limited on a narrow country road with vehicles coming in the other direction.