Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh Deer, repair estimate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well after having my car back 4 months a deer decided to run in front of the car. Bumper took most of the brunt but bonnet also caved in a bit.

Bumper cracked especially near top and bonnet bent inward a bit. Pictures below. Insurance excess £800 but I’m guessing this will cost more than that to fix?
IMG_4608.jpeg
IMG_4609.jpeg

I hope you kept the venison? Lovely meat but don’t have it often as it’s too dear.

I would say that is going to be more than £800 unfortunately. Just the glass on the drivers side mirror on my wife’s Touareg is £350. That’s just the part unfitted. We’ve decided to leave the fact it doesn’t auto dim anymore and put up with it. 😂😂

May be worth looking for a car that has rear damage and changing the bumper and Bonnet yourself? May be loads cheaper and save insurance claim?

Hope it's sorted soon.
Mine goes in tomorrow after a none fault bump in Nov,
Barely noticeable damage to the NS rear 1/4 and bumper( once the white paint had been shifted)
BUT the estimate is coming in at £2100.
EEK!
That doesn't include any potential repairs to the suspension etc ( there is a risk that the rear wheel was caught).
Car hire is charged out at over £500

a day.

Attachments

• 20221105_115043.jpg
    20221105_115043.jpg
    677 KB · Views: 35
  • 20221105_115030.jpg
    20221105_115030.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Hope it's sorted soon.
Mine goes in tomorrow after a none fault bump in Nov,
Barely noticeable damage to the NS rear 1/4 and bumper( once the white paint had been shifted)
BUT the estimate is coming in at £2100.
EEK!
That doesn't include any potential repairs to the suspension etc ( there is a risk that the rear wheel was caught).
Car hire is charged out at over £500

a day.
Ouch, that's my fear with mine at least £1k for new painted bumper, unsure if the bonnet is repairable but not going to be cheap to fix. Passenger wing is slightly misshapen but should be saveable. Doesn't include any potential issue behind bumper so think it has to be an insurance job.

Still with 2 claims this year (1st one still not settled) next years insurance is going to be fun...

Ouch, that's my fear with mine at least £1k for new painted bumper, unsure if the bonnet is repairable but not going to be cheap to fix. Passenger wing is slightly misshapen but should be saveable. Doesn't include any potential issue behind bumper so think it has to be an insurance job.

Still with 2 claims this year (1st one still not settled) next years insurance is going to be fun...
At about group 50, I'm expecting £1k ( with 20+ yrs NCB) should I eventually buy this one.
Might have to move to my son's home....

I broke my windscreen yesterday. Apparently that is pushing £1000 to replace if you pay cash so yeah I think you will have to go the insurance route unless the deer has 3rd party cover

definately more than excess, i got a quote to replace bumper only, and that was £1200, that is without parking sensors as mine has "vision" hahaha

also that is without damage to bonnet, i would say you much closer to 2k for that repair, as it will be a new bonnet aswell.