Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit a squirrel on track at Laguna Seca

mattack4000

Oct 1, 2017
CA
Not sure if this happened to anyone. I hit a squirrel on track at Laguna Seca! I tried to avoid him, but it was pretty tough to miss it given where I was. Yes, it ran under the right front wheel. No it didn't make it as the track side workers verified he/she was done.

As it happened....

Perscitus

Jan 29, 2019
New York
Little critter (looks like a Merriam's chipmunk - a west-coast chimpunk species endemic to the region where the track is located) was clearly an EV enthusiast and a fan of the Andretti hairpin. Sad to see him go.

• Funny
Reactions: MODEL+ and Skione65

MXLRplus

Mar 11, 2020
Eastvale, CA
Better sleep with one eye open. That was Dale. Chip will be looking for you ... :mad:

1617035916170.png

Dale Chipmunk 1947-2011

• Funny
Reactions: MODEL+

greasypeanut

Jan 19, 2021
So Cal
Hahaha! I was at that event in my M2 and I saw a dead squirrel heading into t3. I thought your video would be of that one lol. For your situation, that's a much scarier place to see wildlife. Were you in the white or red model 3?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC