Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit Curb and now it's the start of month 4 Waiting for Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, SadOwner... in your first post, you laid all the blame squarely on Tesla. You even exclaimed "TESLA get your act together!" Now that you're equipped with hindsight, on whom do you place the blame for the long service time?

And would you mind sharing that entire invoice?

Reactions: AMPd
Glad to hear that @SadOwner will be back on the road, and very impressed with @JonMc 's efforts, he must have really leaned on that repair shop to get off their butts and get the work done.
So, SadOwner... in your first post, you laid all the blame squarely on Tesla. You even exclaimed "TESLA get your act together!" Now that you're equipped with hindsight, on whom do you place the blame for the long service time?
I have the same question...

This is for Jon McNeil. I live in the Chicago area and my car was in an accident 2 days after delivery. :(

We took it to a recommended body shop and they state that they are having trouble getting parts from Tesla. The highland park service manager is trying to help. Is there anything you can do? Many tanks

• Informative
Reactions: Zybd1201
This is for Jon McNeil. I live in the Chicago area and my car was in an accident 2 days after delivery. :(

We took it to a recommended body shop and they state that they are having trouble getting parts from Tesla. The highland park service manager is trying to help. Is there anything you can do? Many tanks

You can try this @JonMc or try private messaging/starting a conversation with him. Once again, from what I've seen, he's an awesome guy :)

Hello All,

I think I'm on my way to a world record for longest wait time to fix a car with zero body damage. In March 2016 I hit a curb with my brand new Tesla P85D. I blew the front drivers side tire and damaged the rim but there was zero body damage. Now we're three days from July and I'm still getting the whole "we found something else line". Yesterday they said they found a suspension knuckle that needed replacing!!! How they can have a car for months on end and not realize that something that sounds so obvious as a suspension knuckle needs replacing is beyond me. I have been extremely patient up until this point but man, where does one draw the line? Has anyone else experienced this before. I am going to start a youtube vlog on friday posting the latest progress while posting the running tally for length of repair time. I am going to do a new video every other day with the latest progress and excuses. TESLA, please get your act together! Everyone keeps asking where the car is and I just now simply shake my head. What's even more frustrating is that almost immediately after I purchased my brand new P85D, they discontinued it. Plus they gave the car a facelift, added biowepon defense mode, and increased the battery size for the same price as I paid for mine. Now it's tarnished and labeled as an accident car, and has depreciated over 30,000.00 (according to Tesla) and counting. Oh yeah, and I can't even drive it. Okay, now that I'm done venting, can anyone come even close to beating this amount of time for a car repair? Anyone have any advice on how to get the problem resolved? And finally, is there interest in the youtube vlog. I guess at this point, I really hope I'm the exception because I think I have an ulcer. Peace.
Just ask Tesla to give you a P90DL or even the P100DL as the loaner car while your P85D is in service center, and tell them that please keep your P85D as long as they want.

If you simply hit a curb and blew a tire, why didn't you just order a new tire/wheel and have it installed at a tire shop? You would've been done and driving within a few days.

You're complaining that they want to replace something on your car for you? Perhaps you damaged it when you hit the curb?

That's life. They announced the P85D a few days before I received delivery of my P85. It's called progress. It doesn't change the car that you already bought and paid for.

The depreciation is not because you hit a curb. It's because every new car depreciates when you drive it off the lot. Expensive cars depreciate more. This is not specific to Tesla.

I'm going to give you a little piece of investment advice: Cars are not investments. Stop treating them like they are.

Dang. Someone had a bad day and was just waiting to find a post to unleash all that.