Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit Curb and now it's the start of month 4 Waiting for Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every time I see one of these curb photos, I'm reminded of the car that slid into & over a curb in our neighborhood during an ice storm a few years back.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    298.5 KB · Views: 119
Just dont get in any type of accident and you'll be fine. Car was amazing from what I remember of it. And yes this is real. This is what I have resorted to in order to try to get my baby back as I sit hostage to this process. I was supposed to get it back three times already and I'm hoping this will help bring attention to the level of frustration that someone goes through in this scary process. Besides, its pretty much current owners, if not all current owners on this forum. What I'm trying to say is...im not trying to talk anyone new out of buying the best car in the world. Im saying to all current owners...dont get in an accident, or be prepared to be without it for a long time. I dont want anyone to have to go through this experience.

I was rear ended in my Buick Verano. It took 4 months to get it repaired and 3-4 visits to inspect it before finally achieving some sort of satisfactory resolution. I'm just not quite sure why I shouldn't expect such a unique car to take a little longer than that to repair??

I'm sorry I doubted you. That looks nasty! After the suspension broo-ha-ha it is not paranoia to think posts are intentionally set up to make Tesla look bad. It is totally unacceptable to wait 4 months w/o a car and no explanations. This is a great forum so I hope you stay and see what great info/advice can be had, despite your bad first impression :)
Just to set the record straight, it hasn't been 4 months yet. Accident happened in march sometime. Just want to be on the up and up here. Day 1 was the start of month 1, day 32 was start of month 2, day 62 was start of month 3, day 93 was start of month 4, and day 123 will be the start of month 5 and so on.

A damaged wheel (which of course was easily replaced) and a minor suspension repair does not cause a car to lose $30K of value, and it could not have depreciated that much after just three months. You are deliberately exaggerating your problem or you are simply confused

Here are the hard facts ecarfan. About two weeks ago, when my car was supposed to be ready again and it wasnt, I wanted to stop the bleeding. So I inquired about trading it in because at least I knew I'd be back in a tesla in a few weeks that way. Its been beautiful here now for months and all I know is winter driving with my tesla. I'd have 5 more kwh battery, a face lift, biowepon defense, turning headlights, etc. My car was delivered christmas eve 2015 and has roughly 2200-2400 miles on it. I loaded it with every option possible except ludi mode and rear facing seats. I paid 121,700.00 (before taxes) for the car. Tesla said they would give me a trade in value of 87,500!!!! That's a 34,200.00 difference for a 3 month old car. Ouch! That's almost a 30% drop in total value or a 10% drop a month. Man, it really hurts when I say it like that. By the time I get the car back it will be even less. So no, Im not confused, just flustered. Tesla always seems to have a shortage of loaners, especially ones equal to the high perfomance ones. Maybe tesla should be up front about the repair times until they get a better supply and body shop chains in place. They could offer reasonable trade ins once these crashed cars come through the door and beef up their loaner car supply Instead of letting them sit and depreciate for months at a time while they're waiting to be fixed. Just an idea.

Last edited:
Tesla's trade-in offer isn't market value since they sell it at a higher value to make a profit. They are not a charity organization.

Even so, if you're looking to save on depreciation you shouldn't be buying high end vehicles.

My daughter was rear ended in our Leaf and it took months to fix. We lost the car over the entire summer last year and we didn't get an EV loaner. I didn't whine (although my kids did) since I knew going in Leafs and Teslas are in their infancy and it takes time to get parts, etc.

Last edited:
Tesla's trade-in offer isn't market value since they sell it at a higher value to make a profit. They are not a charity organization.

Even so, if you're looking to save on depreciation you shouldn't be buying high end vehicles.

My daughter was rear ended in our Leaf and it took months to fix. We lost the car over the entire summer last year and we didn't get an EV loaner. I didn't whine (although my kids did) since I knew going in Leafs and Teslas are in their infancy and it takes time to get parts, etc.
Did you get a loaner Canuck? With tesla accident repairs, you are not provided one. Therefore, that cost comes out of your pocket as well. Unless I should have been provided one and am just naive. I guess I never asked because they had to tow my car a few hours away.

Did you get a loaner Canuck? With tesla accident repairs, you are not provided one. Therefore, that cost comes out of your pocket as well. Unless I should have been provided one and am just naive. I guess I never asked because they had to tow my car a few hours away.
Maybe that's part of the reason why it's taking so long. No hurry on the guys car who doesn't have a rental car of ours.

Hello All,

I think I'm on my way to a world record for longest wait time to fix a car with zero body damage. In March 2016 I hit a curb with my brand new Tesla P85D. I blew the front drivers side tire and damaged the rim but there was zero body damage. Now we're three days from July and I'm still getting the whole "we found something else line". Yesterday they said they found a suspension knuckle that needed replacing!!! How they can have a car for months on end and not realize that something that sounds so obvious as a suspension knuckle needs replacing is beyond me. I have been extremely patient up until this point but man, where does one draw the line? Has anyone else experienced this before. I am going to start a youtube vlog on friday posting the latest progress while posting the running tally for length of repair time. I am going to do a new video every other day with the latest progress and excuses. TESLA, please get your act together! Everyone keeps asking where the car is and I just now simply shake my head. What's even more frustrating is that almost immediately after I purchased my brand new P85D, they discontinued it. Plus they gave the car a facelift, added biowepon defense mode, and increased the battery size for the same price as I paid for mine. Now it's tarnished and labeled as an accident car, and has depreciated over 30,000.00 (according to Tesla) and counting. Oh yeah, and I can't even drive it. Okay, now that I'm done venting, can anyone come even close to beating this amount of time for a car repair? Anyone have any advice on how to get the problem resolved? And finally, is there interest in the youtube vlog. I guess at this point, I really hope I'm the exception because I think I have an ulcer. Peace.

I would never go straight to a Tesla SC for this kind of thing. First I'd get any possible damage to the suspension analyzed and fixed by a local shop I trust. Then I'd just buy a new tires and rim and get it on the car. There is nothing magical about the Tesla suspension that requires Tesla to fix it.

Thanks TJ. I've heard that more than once now and it does make a guy feel better. I'll be sure to post updates as I go through this process and I'll be certain to post how the car turns out.
Car is on the move again today. It's still at the body shop (which is better than the mechanical shop) and its unlocked and inside the building again. Still haven't received an update via phone call but this is the most I have ever seen it moving. Its in a different part of the shop too. Maybe detailing :)

I would never go straight to a Tesla SC for this kind of thing. First I'd get any possible damage to the suspension analyzed and fixed by a local shop I trust. Then I'd just buy a new tires and rim and get it on the car. There is nothing magical about the Tesla suspension that requires Tesla to fix it.
I think you have to if you want Tesla to honor the factory waranty down the road.

Car is on the move again today. It's still at the body shop (which is better than the mechanical shop) and its unlocked and inside the building again. Still haven't received an update via phone call but this is the most I have ever seen it moving. Its in a different part of the shop too. Maybe detailing :)

LOL Love that app! The workers at the body shop I used, were amazed that I could unlock the car to get my stuff, without them having to trek back to the office for the key... I watched it shuttle in and out and knew when it was parked in the "Ready" lot before they called me :)