Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don't have supercharging enabled, it's a software toggle option (but it will cost you). Unless you jailbreak your car (can it be done?). I hope jailbreaking will not be possible, because it means the car will be close to worthless if stolen. All 85s have supercharging enables as default. Looking at London, Elon Musk just said that TM will provide supercharging stations inside the city to honour the owners without their own parking. Hong Kong will be similar, you will really miss NOT having a supercharger capability. Also the day you need to sell it. For that reason, 85 kWh was the only option for me (given the choice).

You seem to have neither dual chargers, nor supercharging enabled for your 60kWh MS, so I really hope you have your own garage you can charge overnight. If that is the case, and you don't plan to take your car into mainland China, then I guess you are OK. Also note, despite only two straight 60s in the list, this is just the tip of the iceberg, of over 500 MS ordered in HK. I am sure there are many others with 60/no SC.

Thanks, DITB. Yes, I am lucky enough to have my own garage (and no IOC to deal with) where I can charge overnight, and no, I won't drive to Mainland China. Hence my decision of no dual charger, and no supercharging. I thought to myself, if I really want the supercharging later, it's only $3,900 more than when factory installed so not a huge deal. (Unlike Dual Chargers which costs a lot more installed later vs. factory installed.)

STILL NO VIN!! :(

I was concerned that if it was open it would get corrupted by too many people changing it. I do have a Google account, and I am open to that suggestion. Convince me, if not, I'll just keep it here locally and update it as required.

Possibly, it could be open for all to see, yet only a few people could edit it? Or how do you protect it against anyone getting access and having fun with it?

Yes that is possible, public = read, only you can read/write/edit. Totally doable. And if you ever want to delegate the task or add one more person to edit, you can also do that at any point.

Thanks, DITB. Yes, I am lucky enough to have my own garage (and no IOC to deal with) where I can charge overnight, and no, I won't drive to Mainland China. Hence my decision of no dual charger, and no supercharging. I thought to myself, if I really want the supercharging later, it's only $3,900 more than when factory installed so not a huge deal. (Unlike Dual Chargers which costs a lot more installed later vs. factory installed.)

STILL NO VIN!! :(

I saw elsewhere that overseas orders seem to be up to three months lead on the VIN, so you might still get the VIN soon - and it wouldn't affect your delivery date. Earlier, the exact specification of the car could delay it, depending on availability of spare parts (like getting 60 kWh), but I think that is a thing of the past now (shouldn't be so any more). See this post #2648

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that is possible, public = read, only you can read/write/edit. Totally doable. And if you ever want to delegate the task or add one more person to edit, you can also do that at any point.

I'll send you the spreadsheet, but since I "own" the first post of this thread, I should change that post to a link to your Google Docs (and I can make a screen shot and paste it). Please PM me your email, then I will send it to you (in Excel, is that OK?)

Last edited:
HK: Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

I'll send you the spreadsheet, but since I "own" the first post of this thread, I should change that post to a link to your Google Docs (and I can make a screen shot and paste it). Please PM me your email, then I will send it to you (in Excel, is that OK?)

If you do setup a google doc for this, please also keep the first post intact. It is a quick reference, and so simple to use. A google doc means exiting the forums out to a web browser (a pain when mobile - which I am most of the time).

It's not quite the same: I cannot rotate the text 90 degrees (for the headers), and the formatting is a little different. I guess you cannot have it all.

Updated with VINs from AppleFan and lx3h, see for yourself in post #1 ...

From now on, post #1 has a new column for "in Production". As soon as you discover "Sourcing parts" changes to "In production", please note the date and post it here (or PM). When you get a delivery date, the column of "Delivery" will change from "yyyy-mm" to include the date also, indicating a specific estimated date has been given.

Hi ! Everybody,

Now to the Forum.

# 174 - drsammy - Deposit Feb / 2013. Confirm 26/2/2014. 85kWh, Metalic Blue. Panoramic Roof, 19" Wheels Standard, Black Nappa Leather Seats, Piano Black Décor Standard, Supercharger Enabled Standard, Tech Package, Parking Sensors, Parcel Shelf . VIN : 5YJSB3H13EFP46307

Thanks.

You can add Pano, carbon firer interior, air and Alcantara to mine, in the list. I'm told Warp Drive integration is coming along fine...

I wonder how you got the Pacific AND the Warp, you must be well connected to Scotty.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi ! Everybody,

Now to the Forum.

# 174 - drsammy - Deposit Feb / 2013. Confirm 26/2/2014. 85kWh, Metalic Blue. Panoramic Roof, 19" Wheels Standard, Black Nappa Leather Seats, Piano Black Décor Standard, Supercharger Enabled Standard, Tech Package, Parking Sensors, Parcel Shelf . VIN : 5YJSB3H13EFP46307

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums, drsammy. I have added you to the list. Let me know if there are any changes, like when your Profile page changes to "in production"

Hi, DITB,

Thank you for your work. Sure i'll update the status once you get noticed.
BTW, what is WARP drive ?

Along with levitation, warp drive is not an officially supported nor approved option. Unfortunately, I don't qualify for either option, and if I did (and had the money), I would probably have gone for the levitation option instead. How Lerxt got Warp drive, is beyond my comprehension, but that is none of my business really. As restrictive as Hong Kong transport department is, where we cannot even have the rear facing child seats, you can be sure that warp and levitation, as well as flux capacitor won't be approved in Hong Kong for decades, if ever. Maybe flux capacitor at some stage, though it will take some degree of change of mind in HK Legco.

When stuck in traffic, I really, really think how idiotic it is that we cannot have levitation, it would solve so many problems (but of course, also create a lot of new ones, but let's forget that for the moment!)

Some options are not listed. It's like on Boeing aircraft, there is an option to have Angle of Attack indicator on the PFD, yet Boeing doesn't advertise this option. It doesn't cost anything to add, but has to be done from the factory to be included free of charge. The philosophy is that the AoA readout requires special skill to use, so it's not for "normal line pilots", only those who have received special training. I think it's too bad, as angle of attack (AoA) is really one of the most basic flight parameters, yet it is hidden from view in most commercial airline aircraft, despite being in the system (the sensors are always installed, the AoA vanes, used by the computers).

This is an example of a Boeing 737 EFIS, where you can see the AoA on the PFD (where it says 4.4 on the left side). As I wrote, it's a free Boeing option, yet despite being a free option, they don't mention it, you have to ask for it when you order the aircraft.

Boeing 737 AoA on PFD.jpg

I think by now you understand that the people who are ordering the first batch of Tesla Model S in Hong Kong are not all in the average bracket of sorts. You are probably a bit the same, looking for innovation, what will the future be, that we have to act more responsibly and that there is more to life than luck and money.

Like clean air and a liveable Earth for generations to come. And along the way, we have to keep smiling and have fun (Lerxt started it, don't blame me!)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm holding out for the flux capacitor option. Apparently, Tesla are supply constrained and need the 2.2gigawattfactory to come online before they can deliver

Good luck getting this one through the Transport Department, supply constrained or not!

But yes, it would be nice to be able to charge up and then drive for tens of thousands of km before you have to charge again. It will come some day, but Hong Kong will not be the first place of delivery for sure.