Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, I just got the VIN for my sister's MS. That means it is either in production or in the process of going to the production floor. VIN number 5YJSB3H12EFP45584.

I updated the list with both VINs. Even the non-family/friends, ordinary production models are starting to see VINs (as of end May or so), see http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...ected-delivery?p=596916&viewfull=1#post596916

Having a VIN, does that really mean that close to production? The Sigs are many thousand VIN numbers below the Ps, yet there are still ~2 months until the first production MS' arrive.

I updated the list with both VINs. Even the non-family/friends, ordinary production models are starting to see VINs (as of end May or so), see http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...ected-delivery?p=596916&viewfull=1#post596916
Thank you.
Having a VIN, does that really mean that close to production? The Sigs are many thousand VIN numbers below the Ps, yet there are still ~2 months until the first production MS' arrive.
Having a VIN means all the parts are procured and all the parts to that particular VIN are tagged. It doesn't mean it is in production. It could be waiting in the queue for production, or going to production line, or in production, or in the finished-goods warehouse.

My VIN is P44654

Updated.

So it seems that apart from KingKitega, sequence numbers up to around #200 or so, have received VINs

- - - Updated - - -

Having a VIN means all the parts are procured and all the parts to that particular VIN are tagged. It doesn't mean it is in production. It could be waiting in the queue for production, or going to production line, or in production, or in the finished-goods warehouse.

Mine still says

Order Confirmed
We have begun sourcing parts for your Model S.

It was good to suddenly see a VIN there, yet I am looking more forward to get rid of that sourcing parts line. Tell me it's being produced, on a ship or something ...

I am holding back buying a new Macbook, to save some batteries for making more Tesla Cars!

Reminds me of the "war of Titanium" when there was a time aircraft jet engines had troubles being serviced, as so many golf clubs were made in titanium, making it more hard to get a hold of.

So it seems that apart from KingKitega, sequence numbers up to around #200 or so, have received VINs

Interesting sequencing as well:
Signatures: 37XXX, 38XXX, 39XXX
RFF: 44XXXX 45XXX
P: 46XXX

<BLINDSPECULATION>
Week number? :crying:

Or maybe week number with delivery offset by 9 or 10 would be more in line with what we are expecting (early sigs first week July, mine late August). A production offset of 17 would give early sigs being produced mid-May, mine going down the factory line in the first week of July, and regular cars mid July.
</BLINDSPECULATION>

Interesting sequencing as well:
Signatures: 37XXX, 38XXX, 39XXX
RFF: 44XXXX 45XXX
P: 46XXX

<BLINDSPECULATION>
Week number? :crying:

Or maybe week number with delivery offset by 9 or 10 would be more in line with what we are expecting (early sigs first week July, mine late August). A production offset of 17 would give early sigs being produced mid-May, mine going down the factory line in the first week of July, and regular cars mid July.
</BLINDSPECULATION>

That would be a coincidence, Mark, as the VINs have started way back, with the US. Check some US forum users and their VINs, and as MS has been delivered since June 2012 in the LHD model, it won't hold up.

Also, as far as I know, the cars won't necessarily be delivered in the same sequence as the VIN.

That would be a coincidence, Mark, as the VINs have started way back, with the US. Check some US forum users and their VINs, and as MS has been delivered since June 2012 in the LHD model, it won't hold up.

Also, as far as I know, the cars won't necessarily be delivered in the same sequence as the VIN.

Maybe just a coincidence that digits 1 and 2 of the production sequence match the expected weekly spread of deliveries/production for HK that we know of. We know spread is early July to late august (sig to me, 8 weeks) and vins are 37XXX to 44XXX (8 numbers). I'm not saying delivery is in VIN order, but it certainly would make sense for production to be in vin batches.

Let's discuss on the Decoding Tesla Model S VINs thread.

Has followed the HK forum for quite some time, so better late than never:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]#158 - Freks - 17/1/2013 - 03/05/2014 – 08/2014 – VIN ?????? - P85, Pearl White/Tan Leather/Lacewood Décor/Pano Roof/Tech Pack/Super Charger/Smart Air/fog/interior light/Parking Sensors/Parcel Shelf/19” Cyclones[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]NB: A big thanks for all the great informations given on the HK forum[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]…! [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Has followed the HK forum for quite some time, so better late than never:

#158 - Freks - 17/1/2013 - 03/05/2014 – 08/2014 – VIN ?????? - P85, Pearl White/Tan Leather/Lacewood Décor/Pano Roof/Tech Pack/Super Charger/Smart Air/fog/interior light/Parking Sensors/Parcel Shelf/19” Cyclones

NB: A big thanks for all the great informations given on the HK forum…!

Hi Freks, velkommen to the forums, looking forward to read more from you here.

I will update you on to the list in post #1

Do you know where to see your VIN when it is eventually released?

See page 1 again of this thread, very first post - the list is now as a table rather than the previous bullet list. markwj, consider this a sticky thread for the time being?

Let me know if you like to correct or add information.

New or lurking users - you are more than welcome to add your data, even anon to public if desired (use PM and specify which information you would like, i.e. no user name, no VIN etc)

Be sure to add yourself to the international map of Tesla Motors orders/deliveries as well: Tesla Model S X Reservations and Deliveries

It is interesting to see that I haven't yet heard of a MS order in Hong Kong that did not get the tech package. Air suspension, panoramic roof and parking sensors also run quite popular, with a few exceptions.

DITB, since my VIN still isn't up, I took the liberty again to change my configuration with Tesla. It is now:

#238 - CCT - May 2013 - 14/2/2014 - Summer/Fall 2014? - P85+/21" grey/pano/air/tech/grey/black leather perf/parking/shelf/supercharger/fog/interior light/nappa/sound/obeche matte

DITB, since my VIN still isn't up, I took the liberty again to change my configuration with Tesla. It is now:

#238 - CCT - May 2013 - 14/2/2014 - Summer/Fall 2014? - P85+/21" grey/pano/air/tech/grey/black leather perf/parking/shelf/supercharger/fog/interior light/nappa/sound/obeche matte

All 85 models have supercharging as default, hence there is no column for it, while 60 models are listed as either 60 or 60SC in the table, to indicate those that chose to enable the supercharging.

You missed out on the dual chargers, CCT, otherwise you got all the boxes ticked now :)

I think Dual Chargers will be a good investment for resale, and also in the coming years as the charging network in HK (and CN) will be progressively update with more and faster public chargers. Especially considering it's a 2.5X jump in price for a retrofit, I thought it was a must-have item.

In case you didn't check post #1, this is how the table looks at the moment (only post #1 will be updated, though, this one will be static)

HK Tesla Model S Tally - 2014-06-08_v2.png

Tks DITB... I will surely keep you updated on progress here... first thing will properly be a pic of the "hole in the wall" I got cut out for my charger...

- - - Updated - - -

Re. where to find VIN... yes I know... but not up-dated from Tesla yet... still only showing RN...

NB: Love your new table... easy overview...!

Thanks DITB for putting together this most informative table!
The date of my deposit cheque was around 28 May (2013), but I only got the receipt around 3 June so I don't know if it counts towards May or June.
I confirmed my order around 14 March (2014). (I put in my order on 1 March 2014.)
My wheels are the 19" standard. And I got the carbon fiber interior.
I feel a bit left out, being one of only two cars without Supercharging enabled!

BTW, what's Lerxt's Blue Pacific? I can only see one Blue option....

Thanks DITB!
May I suggest you create a public Google Doc/Spreadsheet to keep track?
If you do not have a Google Account, I will be happy to do it for you. You just need to send me the spreadsheet.

ws

I was concerned that if it was open it would get corrupted by too many people changing it. I do have a Google account, and I am open to that suggestion. Convince me, if not, I'll just keep it here locally and update it as required.

Possibly, it could be open for all to see, yet only a few people could edit it? Or how do you protect it against anyone getting access and having fun with it?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks DITB for putting together this most informative table!
The date of my deposit cheque was around 28 May (2013), but I only got the receipt around 3 June so I don't know if it counts towards May or June.
I confirmed my order around 14 March (2014). (I put in my order on 1 March 2014.)
My wheels are the 19" standard. And I got the carbon fiber interior.
I feel a bit left out, being one of only two cars without Supercharging enabled!

BTW, what's Lerxt's Blue Pacific? I can only see one Blue option....

I will update it now. Lerxt is the only one I am aware of who is approved for both the Blue Pacific as well as warp drive special options.

If you don't have supercharging enabled, it's a software toggle option (but it will cost you). Unless you jailbreak your car (can it be done?). I hope jailbreaking will not be possible, because it means the car will be close to worthless if stolen. All 85s have supercharging enables as default. Looking at London, Elon Musk just said that TM will provide supercharging stations inside the city to honour the owners without their own parking. Hong Kong will be similar, you will really miss NOT having a supercharger capability. Also the day you need to sell it. For that reason, 85 kWh was the only option for me (given the choice).

You seem to have neither dual chargers, nor supercharging enabled for your 60kWh MS, so I really hope you have your own garage you can charge overnight. If that is the case, and you don't plan to take your car into mainland China, then I guess you are OK. Also note, despite only two straight 60s in the list, this is just the tip of the iceberg, of over 500 MS ordered in HK. I am sure there are many others with 60/no SC.

Last edited:
Pacific Blue is a special colour that only comes with Warp Drive. If you want it you need to request it from [email protected].

There are lots of orders we haven't got in the list, so there might be others. Lerxt is the only person I have heard of so far, to be eligible for these options. Lucky guy! I will stick to my silver metallic, boring "family car" setup. Also, to fully utilise the Warp Drive, I think you would need dual HK/CN plates, otherwise it wouldn't make a lot of sense in the HK market (though I think ... Lerxt is only getting these options - because he can)