Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The TD likely has no one who is expert on any modern systems, it amazes me that they just don't rubber stamp anything approved in the US, Australia or the UK
because then they A: save taxpayers money B: have a lower budget for the next year and C: start to be noticed as not necessary in the function of government and get fired and reduce the tax burden on the people. it will never happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I would think twice if you are intending on taking your car to Australia. If it leaves Hong Kong the warranty will be voided. I already asked about this and they were definite about it. Any repairs that are done will be to the original standard not the Australian standard.

yeah I heard about this already. but the reality is that I'll have it here for another 3 years and the car will be creeping out of warranty anyway. then on top of that I'm anticipating that Australia will finally start to incentives EV as right now the Australian government sucks at encouraging green cars. by the time it's depreciated in price and shipped over I will be saving alot of money on the Australian tax system bringing in a used tesla vs having to buy 2nd hand in their market. that's my thoughts right now anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Please keep adding information, and do correct me if I placed you in the wrong position. Feel free to PM me or reply to this thread.

With the first Signature Model S cars delivered in Hong Kong on July 23rd, the list has begun to fill up with actual delivery dates - sweet!

Please let me know if you have any better information than what's in the table - fields in yellow means missing information

View attachment 62799
View attachment 62800

I am curious how many HK orders there are, when delivery can be expected if you order right now, and when confirmations begin, we can start our own guessing, like they do in other countries. I think we should keep HK separate as well, though I suggest also to list in the "reservation tally". Rumours are "over 400 orders" as of May 2014, and increasing, maybe a 1,000 deliveries by year end.

Use the following template to enter your information, please answer all of them, if not known or not applicable, just enter a -

Sequence # (if known, seems it wasn't issued after January 2014 deposits):
TMC user Name:
Deposit date:
Confirmation date:
In-production date (when available):
"TMC guess" of delivery date (will be adjusted until a more firm date is received from TM):
TM estimate date:
Actual delivery date:
VIN (last 6 characters of the long number on your My Tesla, My Dashboard, when available):
60 60S 85 P85 P85+:
Seats: Tex SWh Blk Tan Gry:
Decor Ycht P.Blk Ob.M Ob.G Lcwd Cbn:
Paint color:
Panoramic roof:
Air suspension:
Tech package:
Dual chargers:
Sound package:
Sensors:
Light option:
Fog light:
Center Aisle:
Alcantera:
Nappa:
19" / 19" Slv Cyc / Slv Trb 21" / Grey Trb 21":
hey DiTb I got the piano black dash and also 19" regular wheels. in the end I decided that I'd rather have comfort and the safety of regular wheels, especially in HK without a spare tire!

I ordered a P85D, silver metallic, tan next gen seat, black alcartara headliner, pano roof, tech pack, air susp, 21 silver wheel, hifi pack, I confirm the order on 31/10 and the expected del date is late May, the status is in the production queue. Hope that there is no delay.

Hi
I'm VIN58440, confirmed on 14Sep14, now status is "building your model S" for a late december delivery !
Looks like Tesla is really speeding up the production for year end figures

They've forecasted (to investors) a monster Q4. To meet that, the Asian cars need to be built October and shipped out in order to get delivered by end December.

mark - will TD help push cars through faster for year end delivery? Looks good for those who ordered recently if they can.

Nope, TD couldn't give a damn.

If vehicle is type approved, then registration is quick and simple. Issue at the moment is the new cars (new autopilot features) need to be type approved again, so waiting for TD inspection (current estimate mid December). I predict Tesla Motors HK staff are not going to have much of an Xmas holiday, busy delivering cars to all the new owners.