Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update? what can we expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For us in Europe: unleashment of the 3/Y and S/X Plaid`s adaptive headlights, almost all of Teslas competitors have adaptive and Matrix headlights and this is hands down a security issue when driving behind other cars or with oncoming traffic. VW/AUDI/SKODA/MERC++ have way better and safer lights.
If you`re in the US and not know the capability of the headlights:
watch from 10:40

Dolby Atmos would be cool!

Thats my wishlist!

I don't think I've seen anyone mention the lack of display for current/total time for each song. The scrub bar is also useless and pretty much invisible unless you have your music app open to full size. It doesn't make sense to me since there is loads of whitespace where these could go. I think this was broken last year with the new UI. Maybe I'm the only one bothered by this.

I don't think I've seen anyone mention the lack of display for current/total time for each song. The scrub bar is also useless and pretty much invisible unless you have your music app open to full size. It doesn't make sense to me since there is loads of whitespace where these could go. I think this was broken last year with the new UI. Maybe I'm the only one bothered by this.
Totally agree and how about larger album art. So small on the large console. On the refresh Model S, it is nice and big on the back seat display, but no one ever sits there in my car. :)

Reactions: Mike1080i
Huh. Mine clearly does not change to the speed limit. Could there be a hardware difference? A setting?
If you hold the right stalk down one depress after you see the speed limit change on the screen (or while passing the speed limit sign on the road) it will reduce vehicle speed to the speed limit+offset. You're still pressing down the stalk, so not fully automatic, but close.

FOLLOW DISTANCE SHOULD GO UP TO 11!
To be serious for a second, following distance should be able to give us a 3 second gap, preferably up to 5 seconds if possible.

Right now it's about 1.8 seconds, which is about what average drivers are comfortable with, but no where near what traffic safety engineers already know to be ideal.

I want to relax on long drives, not be forced to pay hyper close attention.

As someone mentioned in another thread, on long drives in sparse but consistent traffic going nearly the same speed as me, I am constantly backing off the AP set speed, so I get to 5 second gap, and can relax more.

90 something % of accidents are from following too close. Too close is closer than 3 seconds. I know it's a losing battle. Traffic also flows faster with 3 second gaps. You will get there sooner if you leave more room, regardless of people pulling in front of you.

Rant over.

To be serious for a second, following distance should be able to give us a 3 second gap, preferably up to 5 seconds if possible.

Right now it's about 1.8 seconds, which is about what average drivers are comfortable with, but no where near what traffic safety engineers already know to be ideal.

As someone mentioned in another thread, on long drives in sparse but consistent traffic going nearly the same speed as me, I am constantly backing off the AP set speed, so I get to 5 second gap, and can relax more.

90 something % of accidents are from following too close. Too close is closer than 3 seconds. I know it's a losing battle. Traffic also flows faster with 3 second gaps. You will get there sooner if you leave more room, regardless of people pulling in front of you.

Rant over.
You’ve never driven I30 through Arkansas and I40 through Tennessee have you?

Rural highway, left lane tracking the car in front of you at the 5 setting and a constant barrage of jackwagons will run up in the right lane and nearly take your bumper off cutting over.

Rant over.
Not to mention wanting to avoid rocks to the windshield.

You’ve never driven I30 through Arkansas and I40 through Tennessee have you?

Rural highway, left lane tracking the car in front of you at the 5 setting and a constant barrage of jackwagons will run up in the right lane and nearly take your bumper off cutting over.
I have tons of roads like that that I drive often. I generally just hang back in the right lane, wait for a huge gap in the left lane to pass slower trucks/cars, and stay out of the chains of tailgaters.

What's really funny is on long trips, I frequently see the same people passing me over and over. Everyone has to stop for breaks.

Closer following gaps don't make you go faster. You're still limited by the speed of the car in front of you, just dangerously close to them, instead of a safe distance back. Also, bigger gaps give you more options, in emergencies and general navigating slower/faster lanes.