Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holy Cow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today was the first real mountain run I've made in the MYP so I wasn't really sure what to expect.

Soco was a bit busy on the way up, I was able to wind through some traffic at a clip but was stuck behind a motorhome on the way down... bummer.

On the way back up I was stuck again behind a line of eight cars with the leader being some out of stater running 30mph.

Near the top there's a short and rather curvy passing zone before you hit the top of the mountain. This would have been a no-go in the M6 but I thought what the hell.

I was around them in a blink but very hot into a left hander, eased off a bit, rolled into the corner and gave it some throttle. And it rotated, a very controlled slide and locked the apex with some more throttle. I was laughing like an idiot while my passenger was grabbing for handles that didn't exist.

This thing is blisteringly fast and handles far better than it should, it feels more like an extremely overpowered STI than a 4500lb crossover.

I fear for my license.

Sitting here jealous of all you warm weather people! These MYP Pirellis aren't the greatest in these Northeast temps right now to try anything less than safe. Got her a little sideways in an empty parking lot, she does like to plow at the end of grip. Hard to get back end loose.
Waiting on 19" AS4's tires to arrive.

Sitting here jealous of all you warm weather people! These MYP Pirellis aren't the greatest in these Northeast temps right now to try anything less than safe. Got her a little sideways in an empty parking lot, she does like to plow at the end of grip. Hard to get back end loose.
Waiting on 19" AS4's tires to arrive.
Many have tried, none have succeeded. There are threads about this.

It's in the twisties that one-pedal driving shines. I've never felt in so control of a car in which another person was grabbing handles. If you think the MYP is fun, take the same drive in a M3P or any S! Keep having [safe] fun out there!