Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery Timing (Ottawa)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would really recommend folks from Ottawa pick up the car in Toronto and drive it back. Tesla Lawrence is right on the 401 so you don't even need to drive in the city proper.

This way, you have an opportunity to inspect the car in complete detail before signing anything or handing over any funds. Also, no licensing/plating issues, and no QST/HST refund issues like when picking up in Montreal.

That seems like a reasonable option but how do you go about this? I don't think I was given a choice of Toronto versus Montreal. Any pointers?

That seems like a reasonable option but how do you go about this? I don't think I was given a choice of Toronto versus Montreal. Any pointers?

When I purchased my LR AWD in March, the website asked me to enter a postal code for pickup at some point in the process. I put in the postal code for the Tesla Lawrence store and it showed up as an option. Didn't have to do anything else.

I ordered my M3 in Oakville on July 5 after a test drive. Since I live in Ottawa, the sales rep said I would be picking up in Montreal. Last week I had a VIN and a delivery date for this Wednesday on the website. No further contact, haven't signed anything or agreed to financing. This morning the delivery date was pushed to next Wednesday and my VIN no longer displayed (but is still there in the source code of the site).
I've not made any changes to my order.
Is this abnormal?

I ordered my M3 in Oakville on July 5 after a test drive. Since I live in Ottawa, the sales rep said I would be picking up in Montreal. Last week I had a VIN and a delivery date for this Wednesday on the website. No further contact, haven't signed anything or agreed to financing. This morning the delivery date was pushed to next Wednesday and my VIN no longer displayed (but is still there in the source code of the site).
Is this abnormal?
I’m in Ottawa as well. Ordered online on June 15th. Originally received a text saying I could pick it up in Montreal on June 28th but when I called they said that was an error.

After that all my financial and paperwork dealings were with the Toronto office. I received the paperwork to sign on July 18th and finally received the car today. It was shipped from Montreal. They told me that the direct ship to Ottawa adds around a week to the process and I could shorten the wait time if I drove to Toronto to pick it up.

Is this abnormal?

They can't do Montreal pickup for Ontario buyers. The options are home delivery or pick up in Toronto.

Reactions: ChamClowder
Is this abnormal?

same story here.

I’m in Ottawa as well. Ordered online on June 15th. Originally received a text saying I could pick it up in Montreal on June 28th but when I called they said that was an error.

After that all my financial and paperwork dealings were with the Toronto office. I received the paperwork to sign on July 18th and finally received the car today. It was shipped from Montreal. They told me that the direct ship to Ottawa adds around a week to the process and I could shorten the wait time if I drove to Toronto to pick it up.
Thanks that's useful info.

One more note on the whole experience (49 hours after the car was delivered).

After the car was delivered the web site still showed it as not delivered in the list of tasks. As well I couldn't access the car from the mobile app - the app just showed the options to schedule service and watch videos. I contacted Tesla Support and they said it can take up to 48 hours to activate. So I waited 48 hours and it still didn't activate.

So I contacted the person I'd been dealing with in Toronto and they simply sent me a delivery confirmation email that I had to respond back to and within minutes everything was activated.

So, if you can't immediately connect via your phone, get in touch right away with your delivery contact. They can sort it out quickly. Don't wait 48 hours.

One more note on the whole experience (49 hours after the car was delivered).

After the car was delivered the web site still showed it as not delivered in the list of tasks. As well I couldn't access the car from the mobile app - the app just showed the options to schedule service and watch videos. I contacted Tesla Support and they said it can take up to 48 hours to activate. So I waited 48 hours and it still didn't activate.

So I contacted the person I'd been dealing with in Toronto and they simply sent me a delivery confirmation email that I had to respond back to and within minutes everything was activated.

So, if you can't immediately connect via your phone, get in touch right away with your delivery contact. They can sort it out quickly. Don't wait 48 hours.

Thanks good to know. FYI I just received an e-mail from my delivery advisor, looks like I will be getting it soon!

Ordered the TM3 SR+ on July 7th. With an estimate of 2-3 weeks. Got email to pick delivery date in Montreal which I picked for today (July 31st) but than received email about 8 days ago saying it would be delivered to my house in 7-10 days.

I’m going out of town this weekend and was hoping to have the car for the trip but once I contacted my delivery adviser she told me the car would be delivered in Ottawa on August 5th so a bit more waiting.

So it’s taken longer then expected but still exited. Hopefully Monday is the day.

Ordered the TM3 SR+ on July 7th. With an estimate of 2-3 weeks. Got email to pick delivery date in Montreal which I picked for today (July 31st) but than received email about 8 days ago saying it would be delivered to my house in 7-10 days.

I’m going out of town this weekend and was hoping to have the car for the trip but once I contacted my delivery adviser she told me the car would be delivered in Ottawa on August 5th so a bit more waiting.

So it’s taken longer then expected but still exited. Hopefully Monday is the day.

got yours delivered ?

I received my Model 3 SR+ on Wednesday (Aug 7th). That morning, I received an e-mail from my DA saying the car will be delivered on Thursday (8th) and I would get a phone call before delivery to make sure I was there. I didn't get a phone call and it was a day early. I found it sitting on my driveway when I arrived home from work. A pleasant shock, but a little unexpected. I couldn't get into the car, but a phone call to the Tesla call center fixed that problem, and the key cards were put in the front trunk.
The car looked fine, a bit dirty from rain, but otherwise a beautiful ride.

I received my Model 3 SR+ on Wednesday (Aug 7th). That morning, I received an e-mail from my DA saying the car will be delivered on Thursday (8th) and I would get a phone call before delivery to make sure I was there. I didn't get a phone call and it was a day early. I found it sitting on my driveway when I arrived home from work. A pleasant shock, but a little unexpected. I couldn't get into the car, but a phone call to the Tesla call center fixed that problem, and the key cards were put in the front trunk.
The car looked fine, a bit dirty from rain, but otherwise a beautiful ride.

They delivered without signature? I didn't think they were allowed to do that.

Anyone else in Ottawa been waiting over 10-12 days to get their car? My car has been in Montreal since July 31st and I’m hoping tomorrow is the day but my DA said “Maybe” tomorrow.

Keeps being delayed and delayed....

Anyone else in Ottawa been waiting over 10-12 days to get their car? My car has been in Montreal since July 31st and I’m hoping tomorrow is the day but my DA said “Maybe” tomorrow.

Keeps being delayed and delayed....

Mine is in Montreal too. Not sure how long it's been there but I am expecting delivery this week or next. I know they did tell me it can be up to 3 weeks after the car arrives in Montreal depending on carrier availability.