Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery Timing (Ottawa)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my Model 3 SR+ on Wednesday (Aug 7th). That morning, I received an e-mail from my DA saying the car will be delivered on Thursday (8th) and I would get a phone call before delivery to make sure I was there. I didn't get a phone call and it was a day early. I found it sitting on my driveway when I arrived home from work. A pleasant shock, but a little unexpected. I couldn't get into the car, but a phone call to the Tesla call center fixed that problem, and the key cards were put in the front trunk.
The car looked fine, a bit dirty from rain, but otherwise a beautiful ride.
same experience.

Mine is in Montreal too. Not sure how long it's been there but I am expecting delivery this week or next. I know they did tell me it can be up to 3 weeks after the car arrives in Montreal depending on carrier availability.

My DA is guaranteed me the car will be here today or tomorrow. Lefts hope it’s today since I’m working from home today and in the office tomorrow.

I received my Model 3 SR+ on Wednesday (Aug 7th). That morning, I received an e-mail from my DA saying the car will be delivered on Thursday (8th) and I would get a phone call before delivery to make sure I was there. I didn't get a phone call and it was a day early. I found it sitting on my driveway when I arrived home from work. A pleasant shock, but a little unexpected. I couldn't get into the car, but a phone call to the Tesla call center fixed that problem, and the key cards were put in the front trunk.
The car looked fine, a bit dirty from rain, but otherwise a beautiful ride.

I had almost exactly the same experience as you. My car was also delivered August 7th, probably on the same truck.

I drove to Bayshore to do some shopping and saw a flatbed with three Tesla on it headed westbound on the 417 around the Moodie exit. I thought to myself that it sucked I got bumped from the Wednesday delivery as I still hadn't heard anything from the carrier about when the vehicle would be delivered, but at the same time hoped my car was indeed on the truck as I placed the order back on June 28th and the waiting and communication throughout the entire process had really been trying my patience.

So, lo and behold, I leave Bayshore and check my email and see a note that my vehicle will be delivered 'by August 8th' and that I 'should be contacted by the carrier'. I return home half expecting to see a flatbed on the street attempting to deliver my vehicle, and instead see my brand new Tesla sitting in the driveway. I immediately called my DA about how the vehicle was delivered without requiring any paperwork, and found my keycards stowed in a box on my front porch.

Reactions: malou
Hi All, This thread is awesome - thanks for all the info, I read through this before ordering my M3 SR+ 25th August.

The process so far has been super smooth (until now). I was supposed to get delivery last Wednesday from Montreal to my home in Ottawa, and waited during the day for the new car. But it didn't arrive. Upon calling them, and investigating further, they found out that the car had accidentally been picked up by the wrong truck, and went to Quebec city instead :(

They were very apologetic, and the service has been great so far, and now they will be transporting the car directly from Quebec City to Ottawa (they said early next week) - I was hoping for sooner..

Anyone experienced the same? I was also willing to pick it up from Quebec city as I have to go there for work in the coming week, but I guess you can't pick it up if you're an Ontario resident.

Timeline:
  1. Ordered online 25th August
  2. Car arrived in Montreal on 7th September
  3. Paid and filled all the paper work 8th September
  4. Car released for carrier on the 9th September
  5. First attempt delivery 11h September (but accidentally went to Tesla Quebec City :()
  6. Got the plates and the ownership papers through FedEx on the 11th
  7. Waiting now

Thanks!

Hi All,

I am curious of other Ottawa owners have started planning out winter tires yet. Originally, I had intended to just go through Tesla, but with the recent price change, I'm curious if anyone around town has found a decent alternative? I really don't have an appetite for Canadian tire after previous experiences, and I am told Costco doesn't provide TPMS (can install tires with them, but don't sell/program them in house) Has anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Hi All,

I am curious of other Ottawa owners have started planning out winter tires yet. Originally, I had intended to just go through Tesla, but with the recent price change, I'm curious if anyone around town has found a decent alternative? I really don't have an appetite for Canadian tire after previous experiences, and I am told Costco doesn't provide TPMS (can install tires with them, but don't sell/program them in house) Has anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
I have it all sorted out, I picked up a set of Aero rims and TPMS at the new, not quite open Service Centre a few weeks ago and I had Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 installed at Kal Tire last week and they are sitting in my shed waiting for the weather to turn. I figured on getting it all sorted out early as I expect there to be a lot of demand given the number of 3s on the road now.

I was originally planning to buy aeros + snows from the Tesla store but got a bit turned off by the recent price increase. My usual routine is to get snow tires on around the end of October.

Looking at online wheel + tire stores canadawheels.ca, 1010tires.com, wheelwiz.ca, all of them offer Replika R187 + Michelin X-Ice for about $2100 before tax, delivered mounted and balanced, with TPMS.

I want to be able to swap them back myself in the spring so will need to get a puck, low profile jack, and torque wrench as well.

Reactions: mikeB87
Home delivery in Ottawa? Flashback time!!! June 30,2010.

A huge truck rumbled down the street. All the neighbours come out to find out what is going on... instant street party.

IMG_2500.JPG

Roadster #919 emerges...

IMG_2489.JPG

Gawkers abound...

IMG_2495.JPG

Let's bring it home...

IMG_2496.JPG

Tesla's demo Roadster was also visiting that day.

IMG_2522.JPG