Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery Timing (Ottawa)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saved the best for last? ;)
View attachment 420499
Delivery took 5 minutes. I didn't inspect closely, that can wait until tomorrow. The car arrived with about 50% charge. Even so the acceleration is sick.

Sadly it doesn't like my 110V GFCI outlet, and I don't have a 240V adapter yet.
MVIMG_20190617_171434.jpg

A slightly earlier pic of your car. The delivery driver knocked on my door without any warning. Interesting experience. I have a couple of "the factory rushed" issues to address, but overall a great experience. We did 500km yesterday as a shakedown, well to rescue my laptop from the cottage where I left it by mistake.

Aside from a couple of smudges on the interior and one missing tire valve cap, I haven't found anything to complain about regarding the condition of the car as delivered. I will try to clean those up and do a more complete inspection tomorrow. Today was about installing Tuxmats, showing the car off, and testing a few chargers.

However there is one issue maybe someone here can advise about. The car was delivered with a temporary Quebec permit in the window, but no ownership paperwork in the glovebox. How do I get permanent Ontario license plates? My DA hasn't replied...

Aside from a couple of smudges on the interior and one missing tire valve cap, I haven't found anything to complain about regarding the condition of the car as delivered. I will try to clean those up and do a more complete inspection tomorrow. Today was about installing Tuxmats, showing the car off, and testing a few chargers.

However there is one issue maybe someone here can advise about. The car was delivered with a temporary Quebec permit in the window, but no ownership paperwork in the glovebox. How do I get permanent Ontario license plates? My DA hasn't replied...
Mine was the same with the permit. The DA had fedexed the plates and they arrived 2 days after delivery.

It's now 5 days since delivery, still no plates, and can't get any response. My original DA is away, she referred another guy, who's not answering text or email, web chat was a dead end, any suggestions?

I wouldn't worry to much. Both our cars came with them temp registrations. I got the plates and paper work for the first one about 5-6 days after delivery, but the second took another 3 days after that. Weird thing is, the second plate, although received 3 days later, is actually 1 digit lower than the first plate, so I assume it was processed immediately before, but sent out a few days later.

I am expecting delivery on Tuesday, I was told the car comes with a temporary license from QC until they can get the plates from Ontario. This way they don’t have to delay the car.
Does anybody have experience with a trade in ? Do they remove the plates and i’m responsible to bring them back ?

I am expecting delivery on Tuesday, I was told the car comes with a temporary license from QC until they can get the plates from Ontario. This way they don’t have to delay the car.
Does anybody have experience with a trade in ? Do they remove the plates and i’m responsible to bring them back ?

I was told to remove plates and sign the ownership, so its probably best to have them off and the car ready to be loaded. When my cars were delivered, the carrier didn't know he was to take the trade in, so there was a bit of confusion, but my DA assured me that they were to take it, so he did.

Temp registration is the norm, especially as the cars are delivered from Quebec, but registered in Toronto so they will fed ex the plates and registration slips out shortly after delivery. My first car took 5-6 days to receive, and my second came a few days later. weekends/holidays can slow things down, so if you get your car tomorrow, its possible you wont receive the plates until next week.

It's now 5 days since delivery, still no plates, and can't get any response. My original DA is away, she referred another guy, who's not answering text or email, web chat was a dead end, any suggestions?

Today is the last day for my temp tag, still no plates from Tesla. I called today and got a tracking number saying they will arrive tomorrow. There is a lot to be improved in the delivery process. I will not be able to use my car until they arrive. :-(

Today is the last day for my temp tag, still no plates from Tesla. I called today and got a tracking number saying they will arrive tomorrow. There is a lot to be improved in the delivery process. I will not be able to use my car until they arrive. :-(

Did you get your plates in time ? My temp plates expire on June 30th but I assume I need to get them by tomorrow as they probably don’t deliver on the weekend.

Did you get your plates in time ? My temp plates expire on June 30th but I assume I need to get them by tomorrow as they probably don’t deliver on the weekend.
No, I ended up losing a day's use of the car. Be warned, the plates are shipped signature required so you have to wait for them to be delivered. If I were you I would get hold of your DA and make sure they are shipping them today.

My purchase and delivery experience was capped off by the fact that Tesla supply screws for the rear plate with tiny heads. They don't engage the plate fully and it's a pain to install. I lost my *sugar* about this yesterday, I overreacted but *sugar*, for .1 of a cent more they could supply stainless screws with oversized heads. I am hoping that Tesla address my delivery issues soon and I can start to really enjoy the experience of owning a really nice EV.

FYI, the front plate holder is easier to install if you put the car on ramps.

My plates arrived yesterday, just in time as the temp expired. I'm going to leave the front plate off for now and see how it goes.

I could not resist a road trip and went to the USA for a few days. The US border guards gave me a hard time about it for 20 minutes or so, but eventually let me through. No issues driving around in the USA. On return, the Canadian border guard looked at the temp briefly but didn't say anything about it. Less than a minute spent to cross.

I’m on day 1 of not being able to drive because I have no plates and the temp license expired. I have been trying to reach DA but no luck today. I’m hoping they can either extend the temp plates from QC or have the plates shipped ASAP. Hard to pick up kids from daycare with no car.

I’m on day 1 of not being able to drive because I have no plates and the temp license expired. I have been trying to reach DA but no luck today. I’m hoping they can either extend the temp plates from QC or have the plates shipped ASAP. Hard to pick up kids from daycare with no car.

Is picking up new plates at a Service Ontario location not an option?

Is picking up new plates at a Service Ontario location not an option?

I wouldn't have thought so - the plates are already issued. Service Ontario don't make plates at their locations so they can't just print some up with that number.

If you're getting really desperate you might be able to get them replaced as lost via the MTO. You'll have to pay and get a new number, IF they will do it. https://www.ontario.ca/page/replace...plate-or-personalized-licence-plate#section-0

@Dominicbaz - I'd say call or visit MTO, I've always found them really helpful.

Fellow Ottawanian here saying hi and reading this thread with interest. Thanks for sharing your experiences, it really helps to set expectations.

I am especially surprised at the delay in shipping license plates. Surely they could overnight, or even same day, those from Toronto. I would pay the $20 extra given the choice.

Ordered my M3 this week and the DA said it should land in Montreal in the next few weeks and then be delivered to Ottawa in 7-10 days after that. I ordered Model 3 AWD Performance w/ FSD in Pearl white and black.

I am like a kid again waiting for Christmas.

Would really recommend folks from Ottawa pick up the car in Toronto and drive it back. Tesla Lawrence is right on the 401 so you don't even need to drive in the city proper.

This way, you have an opportunity to inspect the car in complete detail before signing anything or handing over any funds. Also, no licensing/plating issues, and no QST/HST refund issues like when picking up in Montreal.

Reactions: tombar