Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery wrt phone app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a (Home) delivery of a beautiful Model 3 over the weekend, and as of today, my phone does still not show the car, and my Tesla account on the computer still says Sept-Nov delivery window. Has this happened to anyone else? I have talked extensively to both the delivery side and Service Center side of things, and both seemed a bit stumped. I would say I am a one off case, but the only other person I know who took delivery over the weekend is in the same boat. Has this happened to anyone else? Thoughts? Thanks!

Yeah, you are not alone here. My Model 3 was (Home)delivered on Wednesday and my Tesla account has not been updated. I emailed customer support but still have not heard.

I think the account has to be updated by Tesla.

@bkmartin In the top left of the app there should be a gear button. Click that and scroll to the bottom.

In my case, there is no gear icon just a blank black screen where the car should be. Prior to the blank screen, there is the video screen with the loot box. In any case, I uninstalled, re-logged in, same behavior. I think I just need to wait for it to be properly setup on the Tesla side.
168D853C-0DD6-43A8-B099-056F2B0B0169.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC and Drax
Y'all are lucky. I took delivery on Monday, immediately paired my phone and started using it as the phone key. It worked long enough for me to take the car to work Tuesday morning, but when I stopped to charge on the way, it stopped working in the middle of charging and I got locked out of my M3 right there at the supercharger... at 6AM.. Lucky for me I was at the Dublin Service Center and they hooked me up with another card key to get me on my way. The app hasn't worked since, and I've been given the story that it would take 48 hours... here we are at the weekend... hrumph. It's cool though, I can't possibly be mad at the car. :)

In my case, there is no gear icon just a blank black screen where the car should be. Prior to the blank screen, there is the video screen with the loot box. In any case, I uninstalled, re-logged in, same behavior. I think I just need to wait for it to be properly setup on the Tesla side.
View attachment 338846
That's exactly how mine looked until I took delivery today. Once they pulled my car onto the lot for delivery my car showed up as parked. Not sure what the process is for them to add it to your account, it literally just showed up once they brought it on the lot for delivery. Not sure what to add, just giving you my experience.

Edit: Mine was at a DC, just pointing out that it automatically showed up once they pulled it on the lot. Maybe it's different for home delivery.

Last edited:
I'm in a similar situation. I took delivery this past Sunday (9/23) and my tesla account has yet to reflect that I've taken delivery. My app just reflected my model 3 last night, but surprisingly, my account still does not. To make matters more frustrating, I still don't have a title, so I can't register the car yet. Tesla does have my full cash payment for my P3D+/EAP/FSD however. I've talked to 9 different Tesla employees about all of this since my Delivery Advisor went MIA after delivery. Lots of promises, but little results so far. We'll see if the promised overnight delivery of the title shows up tomorrow. I love my 2014 P85, I love my Model 3 so far (as it sits in my garage), not loving Tesla post-sales support so far.

View attachment 338846
Usually, you can clear that by flicking the app away, which frees the memory cache, then restart.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
also, go to the car menu "security -> settings icon -> enable mobile access". although it doesn't enable car-account association but it does enable the app to show everything about car.

THIS!

If your car shows up on your Tesla app (mine did shortly after being delivered), and says Mobile Access Disabled, **you** need to follow the steps above to enable it.

(The nice Tesla folks did not tell me this and told me that it was something Tesla was going to do within 48 hours.)