Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home made jack pad for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You folks might think I'm nuts, but I lost my Murphy's Law jack pad. So when swapping wheels each season, I just use an old paperback book between my RAKJACK and the car. Works just fine.

The paperback book is where the jack pad is in this video:

very nice, but something about the title “homemade jack pad” to me implies not using a several hundred dollar jack :)

I think you would win any speed jacking contest though.

very nice, but something about the title “homemade jack pad” to me implies not using a several hundred dollar jack :)

LOL, true. I just looked and they are a lot more expensive now (about $450) than when I bought one a few years ago (closer to $300). I was also considering the QuickJack, but they are $1700 and they didn’t have a model for Tesla back then, which they do have now.

Here is a cheaper solution, definitely homemade. In addition, with two jacks, one can jack one side or end of the car evenly, not on a corner. The Manual does not recommend jacking one corner, I know everyone does it anyway.

For 70 ish USD, two portable AC Delco Jack's, two oak planks with 3 locating oak dowels, and two oak supports that function as a jack stand.

Even if you do not need to go under a car, you don't want to leave the load on a cheap jack for hours. The supports allow you to unload the jacks as you go to the tire store to get tires changed.
IMG_20200704_162707038.jpg

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911