Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home made jack pad for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are the model X and model S pucks different?

Here is what their FAQ says for the Model S ... :cool: Tesla Model S chassis specific jack pad tool | eBay

upload_2018-9-8_11-13-19.png

Here's one I made with carbon fiber impregnated poly-carbonate. It's very stringy because of the cf strands but it's very very strong. It has 11.4 times the compressive strength of ABS.

This is a prototype I made with my own measurements from a pads I removed from the Tesla. All 3 posts are exactly aligned to the pads with about 0.5mm of clearance around around each hole. These are precise and the magnet is within 0.5mm of the bolt. Not quite touching but really close.

This prototype doesn't include the 70A rubber which should arrive in a few days.

The magnets are flush and inside the post rather than sitting on top.

20180915_180146-X3.jpg

20180915_180220-X3.jpg

20180915_180234-X3.jpg

20180915_180326-X3.jpg

Wow Sorka, you beat me to the punch! Thanks for posting!
I made a wooden block over the weekend and I was going to make a mold of it and build parts out of recycled HDPE plastic due to its availability, environmental impact and ability to form to the steel jack surfaces.
Your approach looks way more professional than what I was picturing. You mentioned that it has a better compressive strength than ABS but that makes me wonder about how well the material will grip a steel jack. Have you experienced any slipping between the jack and block? I assume the 70A rubber is intended to solve the slipping but how are you planning on attaching it?

Has anyone seen a 3D printed jackpad ? One constructed out of plastic would have limited use, but if I could get a dozen uses out of it, that is fine. It makes sense to put one of these in the trunk in case of a flat tire on a road trip. If plastic isn't strong enough, design could include attachment to a small metal plate for weight distribution. Others have used successfully used a 2 by 4.

Has anyone seen a 3D printed jackpad ? One constructed out of plastic would have limited use, but if I could get a dozen uses out of it, that is fine. It makes sense to put one of these in the trunk in case of a flat tire on a road trip. If plastic isn't strong enough, design could include attachment to a small metal plate for weight distribution. Others have used successfully used a 2 by 4.

A lot of people have bought these, myself included:

Vendor - Jack pad adapters

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid
I would not trust that for a second

Yes, here you go:

Naonaks 3D Printed Tesla Accessories

I use mine fairly often and it's much better than a hockey puck as far as jacking the car up goes, since you don't have to try to manuever it from down on the ground. You can just jack it up from the side, since you can see the jack pad. Besides, it costs less than a hockey puck to print.

Has anyone used this (4 Pack) Rubber Screw On Bumpers - Shed Doors, Sliding Door & Cabinets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBFD3SH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_eZ-tCbMYQ2JE6

To be used as the pin in the center hole. According to the measurement it would be slightly too big but if there is some give in the material it should fit.

Bought them and attached to 4 hockey pucks using 1 1/4" drywall screws. Have not tried to lift the cars with them yet, but with dry fit they are snug, but seem like it will work. Will post back when I lift my 3 later this week. Will probably change wheels on the S this week also.

Bought them and attached to 4 hockey pucks using 1 1/4" drywall screws. Have not tried to lift the cars with them yet, but with dry fit they are snug, but seem like it will work. Will post back when I lift my 3 later this week. Will probably change wheels on the S this week also.

Turns out they were slightly narrow for my S. wrapped electric tape around them and they give a snug fit. Here's a thread I made for it: DIY jack pad

A lot of people have bought these, myself included:

Vendor - Jack pad adapters

Thanks! I'm thinking about buying one to keep in the car so just in case I have a flat tire out of nowhere and Tesla service is not available. This way I can make sure the car is not damaged by someone else.

How many did you buy? Is there any reason to buy more than one of these? Would it make sense to buy 4 so if you ever take your Tesla to a tire place they can lift the car from all 4 lift points?

Tesla Model S Jack Pad Adapter Lift Pad Tire Service Murphy's Law Jack Pads | eBay

Thanks! I'm thinking about buying one to keep in the car so just in case I have a flat tire out of nowhere and Tesla service is not available. This way I can make sure the car is not damaged by someone else.

How many did you buy? Is there any reason to buy more than one of these? Would it make sense to buy 4 so if you ever take your Tesla to a tire place they can lift the car from all 4 lift points?

Tesla Model S Jack Pad Adapter Lift Pad Tire Service Murphy's Law Jack Pads | eBay

Don't waste your time or money... just use a set of 4 hockey pucks and be done with it :cool:

Reactions: Don TLR