Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what causes the homelink to sometimes "Skipping Auto close". It seems to happen to me about 50% of the time. I know it's something I am doing, just no clue what that might be.

No. But, mine seems to be fairly sensitive on open or close. Not sure if it's the strength being sent to opener, or possibly a directional problem. Mine is NOT skipping, at least from what it appears. I'm not sure how I would know; it either opens/closes when I expect, or it doesn't. Skipping would be a different issue altogether I would think... :confused:

today, it auto closed garage doors on my car when pulling into the garage. it was too late before I could realize what is happening. could not stop the garage door in time, nor I could pull the car out. now have scratches on my X. is there a timer on home link?

I had a similar incident when my gate auto-closed on me as I was existing. Scratched up around the rear wheel just above to where the clear bra was applied. So I too have turned off the auto-close option now.
I thought summon would open my garage door, but it almost hit my garage door while backing out.

I too get the skip warning often. ..I think it's caused by a delay with loading the kids in the drive way.